34. Kiss

Hopes POV 🥀

I stayed with Michael for a couple hours after he'd broke down, holding his hand and stroking his palm with my thumb.

He had his eyes closed but frequently opened them to look up at me, his loose, dark curls spread out over the pillow.

He sat up suddenly, looking at me shyly. "Hey, Mikey.." I said, smiling at him. He fiddled with his fingers and broke eye contact for a second, looking at the wall.

I bit my nails, feeling awkward. Michael reached up and pulled my hand away from my mouth. "Don't, you have lovely nails."

"Sorry," I laughed. "Bad habit."

He looked at me and I stared into his big dark brown eyes, and a cheeky smile spread across his face. I don't really know what happened next, but the next thing I knew his lips were on mine.

I sort of froze, not understanding what was happening, but then I gave into my heart and kissed him back, lifting my hand to hold his chin as he wrapped his thin arms around my waist.

I knew I shouldn't be doing this, he was my patient for gods sake - but I didn't care. His lips tasted of roses, which was a bit weird but I liked it.

Then his tongue slipped into my mouth and my mind screamed "STOP! DONT!" But I didn't listen to it, I just kissed him back as his tongue explored my mouth.

He smelt nice, of cologne and violets. His hand raised and rested on the side of my face, gently touching my curls.
I pushed his dark hair back from his face and tilted my head slightly as we kissed for the next few minutes.

Then we pulled apart. I reached up and touched my lips, shellshocked - but happy. I smiled at him and I felt my cheeks burning, oh please say I wasn't blushing. But I knew I was.

"Well," I giggled awkwardly, "I better get back to work." Michael raised an eyebrow and two seconds later we were kissing again and I thought to myself, screw work. I'd much rather be kissing Mike.

"Your lipgloss tastes of strawberries..." Michael moaned, clinging to me as we kissed. "It's called Strawberry kiss." I whispered.

"Fitting, don't you think?"

I nodded and giggled again, feeling embarassingly like a schoolgirl, then we kissed again, and again, and again....

If someone walked in on us I'd be in huge amounts of trouble, but unless there was an emergency or something there was no reason for anyone to come in.

I'd never had anyone caress my hair like he did, I'd never been kissed like he did, I'd never felt so happy as I did while kissing Michael.

Eventually we broke apart, my lipgloss was smeared up my face and my hair was a mess, Mike had some of my lipgloss around his lips and it made him look astonishingly beautiful.

He smiled at me and my heart beat fast. "I better get back to the office, hun."
He pushed his hair out of his face and I lifted my hand to help him, tucking his curls behind his ears.

I tapped his nose, smiled at him, blushing intensely, and headed back to the office - my heart beating faster than it ever had before.