47. Waking up

Michaels POV 🥀

I woke up sweating and confused, my stomach rolling.
I was in my own bed, and I could see Hope sitting in the chair in the corner, scribbling her notes.

Then the memories came back, and I groaned and smacked my head into the pillow, humiliated.

I'd eaten a cheese toastie shortly after having my meds, then thrown it back up in a bowl and in Hopes hand.

She had barely seemed bothered, more worried about me - but I was still humiliated. She looked up as I groaned and smiled at me, showing her adorable snaggle toothed grin.

I smiled back awkwardly. I remembered crying in her arms and I wasn't sure what happened after that, I guess I fell asleep.

"You feeling better?" She asked in her sweet soft voice.

"Yea..." I murmured, trying to pull myself into a sitting position. "How long was I out?"

Hope checked her watch. "Nearly an hour."

"Oh..." I rubbed my eyes sleepily. "Felt like much longer."

At my request, Hope took me out shopping that afternoon, we went by limo, she helped shelter me from the cameras and screaming fans. Two of my security guards came with us, ushering me and Hope into the backseats of the limo.

She looked around the car in awe. "I've never been in a limousine before!"

I bought a bunch of stuff for Neverland Ranch - and when Hope was looking away I bought a floppy purple rabbit, and hid it in my jacket as we headed out.

When we got home I went straight to the cinema room, and put Jaws on. When Hope was focused on the movie, I pulled the rabbit out and gently put it on her lap.

She looked down and gasped, picking the rabbit up and staring at it, then pressed it to her chest and cuddled it. "Oh Michael, is he for me?"

I nodded, and she glanced at me, her eyes sparkling. "I love him!" She cuddled him in her arms - stroking his ears.

I couldn't help smiling, she was so perfect and adorable.
"What are you gonna call him?"

She looked at him, scrunching her nose. "Uh.. Georgie..?"

So Georgie was named. Hope held him in her arms throughout the whole movie, and I leant my head against her head, and slipped my hand into hers.
She squeezed my hand and kissed my cheek, her curls brushing against my face, soft and silky, and her coconut perfume smell tickling my nose.

I reached up and touched her chin, then turned her face towards me, then removed her dark green framed glasses from her face and looked in to her dark doe eyes, with long thick black lashes.

I noticed amber specks amongst the chocolatey darkness in her eyes, like little fireflies in the dark sky.
I stroked her jawline with my finger, feeling her cool spearmint breath against my face.

By the time Jaws had finished, we were cuddled together, her lips on mine, tasting of violet lipgloss.
I ran my tongue over her small white teeth, and she stroked the side of my face, twisting one of my curls around her finger.

I noticed her fingernails were painted again, indigo and gold this time. I glanced up at her, grabbing hold of her small, soft hand.

She picked up Georgie and pressed his nose against my cheek, making a kissing noise.

I smiled and kissed her again, more passionately this time - and she leant in against me, removing her glasses once more - so I could get my lips to hers properly.

That gorgeous coconut scent drifted up my nostrils, and I closed my eyes in bliss.