33. I'm ugly

Michaels POV 🥀

"What's wrong?" Hope whispered as I clung to her, whimpering.

"I'm ... i'm ..." I tried to talk but I couldn't.

"You're what?" She said softly, her hand cradling the back of my head, "Tell me, Mikey."

"I'm .. UGLY!" I choked out, and I felt her stiffen. I'd said something wrong, what did I say?

"No, no." She held my face in her hands and wiped away every tear. "Michael Joseph Jackson, you are NOT ugly. You are perfect."

I sniffed, disagreeing entirely.

"You have the most lovely hair..." she wrapped one of my curls round her finger. "You have clear skin, gorgeous big brown eyes - you're adorable." She tapped my nose.

"I'm .. I'm not..."

"You're beautiful, Mike. Please believe me." She stroked my nose, running her finger up and down. She had small hands, small fingers and long nails.

I felt so pathetic, crying in front of her. I'd done it several times by now, and she was nothing but kind and sweet.
My brothers and father would have made fun of me.

I tried to talk normally, my tears weren't done with me yet but I could let them out later - after having a proper discussion with Hope.

I talked a bit about my childhood, trying to remember memories I hadn't already told her. I also tried to keep them happy, so she didn't think of me as such of a saddo.

She told me more personal stuff, never going into details but being much more open than she had been before. She told me about James, how he'd cut his wrists in the bath and how she still had nightmares about it.

She told me about Juliette, her little sister.

She told me about her own middle names, Carey Rose - how they were both her grandmas names.

She told me that her little sisters middle names were Cora Lilith, and James' were Ambrose Jack.

I felt that she felt safe with me, which was why she was opening up. It made me feel happy.

She looked right at me and I got another proper long look at her. She had huge brown eyes, clear olive skin, long black lashes under her glasses, and thick dark eyebrows, plump lips, a scattering of freckles and thick curls.

Her teeth were small, white and slightly uneven - but in a cute way. I looked at her for a while, I liked the way she caressed me and stroked my hair, wiped away my tears and smiled at me. began to realise, I was in love with her.