𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝟓

Heya everyone, here's the next part... Please do comment and let me know whether you're enjoying the story or not. I'm eager to read your comments...

----------------------------------------------

Anushka- Can you guys please hide it from Vi? He should not know about this for the time being. If he finds out, he won't concentrate on the game...

All three were shocked listening to her. People are trolling her, calling her bad luck, and here she is still thinking about him. They knew how lucky Virat is, but still, they can't hide it from him...

Rohit - But Nush he needs to...

Anushka- Roo plss..

Rahul- Nushkie listen to us once...

Anushka- Plss yaar, I beg you people...

Ritika - Nush stop it... We won't say him anything..
She signaled Ro and Rahul to agree with her...

Rahul - as you say.. but are you fine?

Anushka - I am Rah.. You guys don't worry. I've seen many such things, and I don't give a shit about these things. Well, you guys need to sleep. You were tired. Bye, good night, guys...

Rohit ruffled her hair and wished her good night. Anushka left for her room while Rohit went to Virat's room... Rohit was thinking about Anushka's words all the way...

Rohit in mind - How can I hide such a big thing from Vi, especially about Nush? But she's right in her own way! He's already disappointed with his performance, and this thing will add more fuel to it... So it's better to disclose it after the series. I need to have control until then...

He entered Virat's room only to find him standing on the balcony looking at the sky. Seizing the opportunity, he took Virat's phone and turned off the notifications... Then he moved towards him...

Rohit- Kya soch Raha hai Vi?

Virat- tu soya nahi abhi tak?

Rohit- How can I sleep when I know my Vi is sad here...

Virat- Ro...

Rohit - I'm all ears Vi!!

Virat - I... I don't know what happened with my form... I... I just can't get out like that... That was really shameful! I was not there for the team when they needed it the most... I... I lost it, Ro!!

He was having tears by the end and slid down...

Rohit- Just shut up Vi!!
Rohit sat down beside him...

Rohit- Do you even know what you're talking about? Just one match, one match can't define your identity, Vi. Today it was not on our side... It's not like every time... You should stop overthinking, Vi! That will definitely lead you somewhere... Not only you, no one in the team performed well this time, and we'll together make it better and win it next time. Right?

Virat understood what he was trying to say and nodded his head, resting it on his shoulder...

Virat- I feel lucky to have you by my side always...

Rohit- oh stop this cringe things now..

Virat- Idiot!!

Rohit- Haa yahi accha lagtha hai tere muh se...

Virat- Ok let's sleep now.. kal practice hai phir parsu 2nd odi hai...

Rohit- Haa chalo...
They came inside the room, and Virat laid on the bed while Rohit covered him with the blanket...

Rohit - Vi, trust yourself and stay away from the phone. That will distract us from playing well, okay?
Virat nodded, understanding his emotions...

Virat- Now I'm fine so pls go to your room Ro.. my sister must be waiting you know!!

Rohit - So true now I need to handle another child... Byee Good night!!

Anushka was on her room balcony, looking at the sky and pondering everything...

Anushka- Why do people always wait to take a dig at women? Vi is already stressed with his game, and if he gets to know this... He'll be angry and do something. I don't want his game to be affected! I should just ignore those articles and think about the present. Yes, I'll go to the match tomorrow for Vi. He'll be happy to see me there...

She slept thinking about the next day. The next morning, everyone met at the breakfast table. Virat went towards Anushka and hugged her...

Virat -Good morning Nushkiee...

Anushka- Morning Vi!!
She gave him the best smile, and he adored her. Ritika, Rahul, and Rohit were looking at her. She smiled back at them...

They went to practice, and the match was about to start. Ritika, Anushka, and Sakshi were sitting in the family box... Anushka was a bit nervous, praying for the team's win and Virat's performance...

It was toss time, and yet again Australia won the toss and elected to bat first.

The match started, and Bumrah got a wicket in the first over, which motivated them. But luck was not on their side today... In the coming overs, the ball was not touching the ground and was going for fours and sixes, which made them anxious. Australia made 320/5, and India's target was 321...

Rohit and Dhawan opened the innings, and India had a good start, with both of them hitting well. In the first six overs, they were 48/0, with Rohit at 25 and Dhawan at 23... Dhawan was on strike, and the next ball he hit harder, resulting in a direct catch for the fielder, and he was out at the end of the over...

Kohli walked in, and this time there were mixed reactions from the audience. Some were cheering for him, but some were booing for his performance... Anushka noticed this and felt terrible. Her hands were joined as she prayed continuously... Ritika held her hand, knowing how nervous she was. Kohli was at the strike, and the ball was a Yorker, which directly hit the stumps. It was a golden duck!

Again, the whole stadium went silent. Virat was clueless, literally. He hadn't been there whenever the team needed him the most. Rohit was shocked too, and his mind reminded him about the articles, which made him more anxious... He looked at the family box only to see Anushka sitting there, expressionless. Knowing Rohit's concern, Ritika blinked her eyes, indicating she'll take care, and he nodded... Virat, while moving back, looked at Anushka for a second, and moved his head, as he was ashamed of himself right now...

Mahi bhai hugged him when he entered the room and said soothing words to calm him. He was too worried about him now... Their only hope was to win the match at any cost, but God was definitely not on their side. India were 205 all out, again making the Aussies win with pride...

People were very disappointed in them, but there were some genuine fans who did support them in this tough time... As everything has a bad side, this was another chance for people to take a dig at Anushka. India lost, and Virat got out on a duck... This was enough to troll her for pathetic fans who didn't even understand how the game works...

They went back to the hotel, and Virat was all silent the whole way, which made everyone worried. Till now, only Rohit, Rahul, and Ritika knew about Anushka's trolls. They reached the hotel, and Virat directly went to his room...

Screen Freeze.....

Precap :

Virat - We are not meant to be, Anushka!

Anushka - Vi...

Virat - It's better that you leave as early as possible! Goodbye!!