BUTTERCUP

"Well pucker up buttercup

"Well pucker up buttercup." He grabbed my chin and leaned into me, I was a bit scared and nervous I've never had this happen to me before.

I turned my head to the side and laid a small peck on my cheek. I gasped and he let out a low chuckle.

"Your skin is soft." He whispered as he pulled back, he sat back into his seat and took a grape and plopped it into his mouth.

We continued to talk about random things and stuff I like and he liked. Things we want to do in life, I didn't know much but surprisingly he understood me.

His right hand man stepped in with a gentle smile on his face and he slightly bowed his head.

"Good evening your royal highness. Madam."

"Good evening." I replied back.

"What is it Cecil." Jasper asked.

"Your mother and father are requesting your presence."

"Tell them I'm busy." He waved Cecil off but Cecil remained there.

"Um... I did sir and they didn't care...."

"Ugh!" Jasper threw his head back and sighed loudly. He stood up quickly and walked over to me.

"I'm sorry, I must go. Enjoy the rest of your meal."

He took my hand and kissed the back of it I simply nodded and waved goodbye, I watched as he walked away with his let black hair glistening in the sun.

He's charming.

I thought to myself. I looked over at the table where there was food leftover to eat, I didn't hesitate to add a bit of everything to my plate and I ate it all.

The bread was so soft and delicious, it literally melted into my mouth, there was fruit and some cakes along with mini apple and cherry pies.

I could tell this wasn't bought from the store. This was homemade, something I'm not used to. I heard a throat clear and I jumped up. To see the other prince.

Elliot. He had an amused look on his face, he looked similar to his brother Jasper but they clearly had different taste. Jasper was the prince of darkness, meanwhile Elliot is like a daisy.

"You know when my brother told me you had an appetite I laughed. But now seeing it myself he wasn't telling a fib."

He chuckled and shook his head side to side walking toward me.

"Your highness I'm sorry I just --."

"No no, no need to apologize my dear. You go ahead and eat as much as you want." I finished my plate and wiped my face and hands off.

I stacked the plates and cleaned my mess, I noticed he was staring at me and he raised his left brow.

"And you have correct manners." "That's rare these days, the other girls Jasper has had a meal with would simply yell out for a maid."

"Oh... yeah no. That's a big no no, I know it's their jobs to clean up but the least I could do was make it neat. Instead of just scattered and a huge mess on the table."

"Mhmmm." He nodded his head not taking his green eyes off of me.

"So, tell me Zara, are you interested in my brother ?"

"Do you like him?"

He said as he adjusted himself in the chair, he took one of his long legs and crossed it against the other leg.

He had on an expensive shirt and trousers. He just screamed money.

"His royal highness?! Of course I like him. He's very charming and sweet." I nodded to myself.

"Mhmmm."

"You don't seem confident in your response."

"How so sir?"

"Because, your voice is shaky. Are you scared?"

"No sir." I shook my head.

"Mhmm."

"Then?"

"I um--."

"You what?"

"Why are you questioning me sir?"

"Because i can, because you are the reason my brother has been in a splendid mood. Which is never is, no other girl has made that man over there shine the way he is now, his the rebel prince he hates everything and everyone. He hand picked you flowers for bloody sakes."

He pointed at Jaspers picture hanging up on the wall.

"I need to know if this is all a front or its true feelings. A lot of these ladies he has courted, have been nothing but out to get his money."

"It is true feelings sir."

"Then prove it."

"What? How?" I threw up my hands in frustration.

"You have less then two weeks to out do the rest of these broads."

"That includes the way you talk, act, dress, cook, clean, and more."

"Not be rude your highness."

"But?" He tilted his head.

"I have no clothes... how can I compete with these other women when they were bought here with damn near their whole closet!"

"I don't know how to do any of this. I need help."

I sighed in frustration. A smile crept onto his face like he was the grinch.

"Well that means we have to do my favorite thing."

"Okay... and that is?"

"Retail therapy."

"But I thought you don't like me." I tilted my head in confusion.

He instantly stood up and grabbed my wrist yanking me towards wherever we are going.

"I do like you, if you weren't in line to possibly be my brothers wife I'll have you be mines but I can't so we are going to be best friends."

Best Friends
-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
Authors note 👑💕: Whew.