TWINS

"Ma

"Ma."

I called out to my mom as she was sleep on the couch.

She was in white underwear.

And a tank top.

Her legs were spread open and there was a glass pipe, and a bag of white powder next to her along with a lighter.

"Ma!"

I smacked her leg, she still didn't budge.

I sighed and went to the kitchen, taking a pitcher and filling it up with cold water.

I bought it back with me to the living room and splashed the water all over her.

She jolted up with a loud yelp.

"God damn it na!" She snatched me by the arm and yanked me towards her.

"Gal have you lost your mind! What the fuck you did that for child!"

"Ma... I'm sorry it's just I didn't know... you weren't waking up and I thought you were hurt." I seethed at the pain of her grip on my arm, her finger nails were digging into my skin.

"Ow... ma... let me go."

"... please..." I put my hand on her cheek slowly and rubbed it.

She let me go then she shoved me. I stumbled back and fell onto my butt.

"Get up. Don't be weak like your sister." She told me. I quickly stood up, I picked up my bag and started making my way towards the front door.

"Where the fuck you going?"

"To the library ma." She scoffed at me.

"Why you need to go the library? You think you smart or some shit?"

"...I... well yea—."

"SO YOU THINK YOU SMARTER THAN ME!"

I jumped, and took a step back.

She immediately began to fume. Roaring across the whole entire apartment.

"No ma I didn't say that..."

"So what the fuck is it then Mayara? You think you grown and shit now huh? You want to be so fucking grown you can take your ass out there and find you a spot and make some money and pull your weight around this motherfucking house that I paid for god damn it!"

She pointed at the door with a cigarette in between her fingers.

"But ma you asked me—."

"Keep fucking talking back you gone end up like that bitch! Gone! You hear me damn it! You lucky my MISTER like you or you woulda been with Zara! Out of my fucking hair!"