Rain

It was a typical London night, the streets were still busy with people, and of course, it was raining. This wasn't just any light rain shower either, it was as if the flood gates had opened and all hell had broke loose. Every minute a crack of lightning would light up the sky and thunder would come rumbling behind. It was quite beautiful.

Sherlock, being Sherlock of course, sat there in his chair oblivious to the whole thing while you say on the couch, but you didn't mind because it was finally peaceful at 221B Baker Street.

Finally deciding to do something, you quietly walked your way behind Sherlock's chair and wrapped your arms around his shoulders. You gave him a quick peck on the cheek and rested your head in the nape of his neck.

You heard Sherlock make a pleased moan that was barely audible while he leaned back into your touch.

Sherlock suddenly grabbed your hand, ever so gently, and led you to sit in his lap. He wrapped his arms around your torso and you wrapped your arms around his neck, resting your head on his shoulder. Sherlock relaxed his head on top of yours and said, "(Y/N)?"

"Yes?"
"Can I hold your attention for a moment?"
"You always have my attention Sherlock, but yes, you may."
"When I was a boy, on thunderstorms like these, me and my, now dysfunctional family, would all gather around the fireplace and just sit there with each other, not uttering a word, just being happy in the presence of one another...."
"Go on..."
"Well, (Y/N) I've come to realize that... No matter what you're doing, or what I'm doing. Whether I be on a case and you following, or I'm the in the kitchen doing another one of my experiments and every once in a while you loom over me to make sure I'm okay. I will always find comfort in your presence...."
"And you can always count on my presence Sherlock, I don't think I could ever leave you."
"I love you, darling."
"I love you too, love"

After your little discussion, you and Sherlock just stayed put, enjoying each other while the rain never ceased. Though, you didn't mind because Sherlock was with you, and that's all you need.