Trouble

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that there could be some triggers in this one-shot l, so trigger warning. Also, sorry for the almost 2 month hiatus, school has gotten horribly busy. Anyway, enjoy!:D
********************************************

It was hard to express what you were feeling.

You were walking down the London streets, but you couldn't help but to feel like someone was following you. Not trying to make yourself too obvious, you continued at a normal pace (something Sherlock taught you).

Deciding it would take too long to get back to the flat by the normal route, you decided to take a short cut you came familiar with when you were on a case with Sherlock.

Climbing the fence, you didn't realize the body on the other side.

Planting your feet on the ground, you turned around to see someone quickly walking towards you.

Deciding to take action, you started to run as fast as you could at the soon to be perpetrator. Jumping up and roundhouse kicking him in the face, only stunning him for a moment, you once again planted your feet on the ground and started running towards the flat.

When you got to the door of 221 B, you realized you dropped your key while running. Now banging on the door, you could hear footsteps approaching you.

You started to panic, which caused you to bang even harder on the door. Before you could bang once more, a bag was thrown over your head.

Although you didn't know this, Sherlock was gone from the flat for what would be hours. The people that took you knew this and decided to break into the flat and torture you right in the heart of yours and Sherlock's home, forever ruining your sometimes peaceful sanctuary.

Dragging you up the stairs, you struggled, hard. Scratching at anything you could touch. They finally reached the door of your soon to be ruined home.

Getting a chair, your attackers tied you down, making sure you couldn't escape their idea of fun.

First, it started with punching, and oh could they punch. You were left with a cesspool of blood in your mouth before they were even anywhere to being done with your torture.

After they roughed you up, they started to tear ever piece of your clothing off, scoping out the body that will soon be scarred with painful memories.

Taking a pocket knife, the leader decided to slice your knee caps, with almost surgeon-like precision. Reason being, he wanted to scar you, but leave you with something only you could see and have to live with.

After the painful, agonizing of being cut across the knee caps, he carved little designs into your thighs, making you wish he would just finish you off right there.

Once they made sure you were now permanently scarred, both mentally and physically, they left without a trace.

A few hours later you were weak and tired, but that didn't restrain you from hearing the door open downstairs. Soon after, you heard who you knew to be Sherlock rush up the stairs.

Opening the door he saw your work down state and rushed to you immediately.

Caressing your face Sherlock gasped, "Oh my god, (Y/N), who did this to you."

Your throat was dry, so in a raspy voice you replied, "Sherlock, i-is that you?"
"Yes darling, I'm here. Oh my god, I'm so sorry for-"
"No, no. Y-you didn't do anything."
"Let's get you out of these restraints."
"T-that w-would be lovely..."

Sherlock started to untie you from the chair, but the moment he untied the last restraint l, you fell forward. Falling into Sherlock's arms, he was now holding you for dear life.

He's seen what they did to you, what those horrible, horrible people did.

"You know Sherlock, y-you didn't do anything to me. I-it's not your fault, I promise."
"It is though darling. It is my fault. I wasn't here, I was out and I could've prevented this from happening if I was just her."
"No, please. Sherlock, love, it will never be your fault. Just p-please, let's not fight about this. C-can you help me go get cleaned off, I-I don't want an infection..."
"Of course darling."

Kissing your head, he helped you get up from the floor. Seeing as your legs were practically sliced everywhere, he picked you up and carried you to the bathroom. Setting you on the sink, he started to dab at your wounds with a damp, warn towel.

"Now darling, I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to put hydrogen peroxide on it. It may sting, just hold my hand and squeeze as much as you can."

Sherlock suited some hydrogen peroxide on your wounds and it caused you to gasp and squeals his hand as hard as you could. Laying your head on his shoulder you started to sob.

Sherlock quickly brought you back into his embrace and whispered in your ear, "Sh, darling, it will be okay. We'll get through this together. I'll never leave your side, you have my word."

He kissed you on the nose and continued with the wounds.

Finally, after the agonizing pain, he wrapped up the wounds and carried you to your shared bedroom.

Laying you down on your side, he pulled the duvet over you and quickly went to lay on his side. Getting under the blanket, he carefully eased you to him and kissed your temple.

"Try to get some rest, I know it will be hard, but I promise I'll be here when you wake up."

Burying your face into his abdomen, and wrapping your arms around him as tightly as you could, you tried your best to get some sleep.

The men were chasing you again, through the alley. You finally got to 221 B, but was quickly pulled away from the door and into the grasp of someone's unfamiliar hold. Kicking and shoving, you did your best to get out of the hold but-

"(Y/N)! Wake up!! Darling! Darling!"

Shooting up from your nightmare, you realized quickly you were back in your room with Sherlock looming over you with a concerned face.

"I-I'm sorry... I-I just... I-I..."
"Shh, it's okay, it was just a nightmare. I promise nothing happened to you. Just lie back down, and we'll try to get some sleep."

Nodding, you laid back down and resumed your position into Sherlock's stomach and holding him, making sure he was there with you and you weren't hallucinating.

Closing your eyes, you felt Sherlock kiss your head once more. "I love you (Y/N), and I promise to do my best when it comes to protecting you, forever and always."

With a small smile on your face, you replied, "I love you too."