Enough for Now

It had been years since I talked to that she-devil. I'm only grateful for one thing, and that's her birthing me, but I'm not even sure of that sometimes. 

When I got home from running errands, I decided to take a load off and lay down on the couch. Just before I could be peacefully be sent adrift in a dream world, someone annoyingly had to call my phone. 

"Hello." I said, full with animosity towards the person on the other side of the phone. "(Y/N)? Is that you?" "Yes, who is this? How do you know my name and why do you have my number?" "(Y/N), it's your mother dear, I was calling to check up on you." 

In a blink of an eye, I was no longer lying down on my comfortable couch. With my eyes feeling like they were about to bulge out of my head from the excessive anger building up, I sharply replied, "And what do you want!?" Gritting my teeth. I knew she really didn't want to see how I was doing, she either needed money or wanted to complain about my behavior that she heard about through the great vine. 

"Like I said, I just wanted to see how my favorite child was doing. I don't have any ulterior motives like you always suspect." She said, like nothing has ever happened in the screwed-up past we've had. "First of all, I'm your only child, sadly, and second off, you always have an ulterior motive, so the quicker you spit it out, the quicker I can return to ignoring you." 

"Well, I've just become worried about you is all. I heard about your pathetic excuse for a boyfriend and decided that i would try to talk some sense into you." "What did you just say?" I said in the most malicious tone I could. "You know that he is no good for you. He's obviously using you." "You don't know what you're talking about, and you wouldn't know if someone was using you even if you tried. I should know, the three husbands you've had all did the same thing and you never suspected a bloody thing." I said being snarky. 

"I will always be ashamed of what you become (Y/N), you disgrace this family with the way you act. I should have known that I couldn't make you realize reality, I should have never called you in the first place." "I agree you old hag, and the next time you try to give me advice, instead of wasting my precious time, just shove the advice straight up your ass because it'd be more useful there." I said hanging up, just as he walked in. 

"You don't look too happy, and by what you just say I would guarantee that you were talking to your mother." "Yes, now come here." I said pouting and holding out my arms for a much needed hug. 

Sherlock took off his coat and scarf and quickly joined me on the couch, embracing me. "Everything will be alright. Don't let her get to you." He said stroking my hair. "I won't, it's just every time she talks to me, I can't help but to feel this undying rage come from the pit of my soul, and I just want to bash her head in with a lamp." I said getting riled up again. "Shh, now now darling, don't start getting upset, you know what happens when you get angry." He said smirking at me. "Yea, I remember." I said glaring at him (last time I got mad Sherlock tickled me for a straight hour until I finally gave up and finally was 'unhappy'). 

Chuckling, he picked me up and laid down on the couch with me in his lap. Placing my head under his chin and wrapping my arm around his waist, I was finally at peace again. He started to stroked my hair and rest his head on mine. "I love the smell of your hair. I know that sounds weird, but I just can't help it." He said sniffing my hair excessively. Giggling I decided to return the comment, "I love the smell of you, I can't get enough of it." I said sniffing his chest playfully. 

Chuckling, we both started to calm down a little and fall into the blissfulness of the quiet that surrounded us. "I love you, goodnight darling." He said kissing my temple and sliding down a bit further to where he was comfortable. 

With me now laying on top of him, I kissed his jaw line and snuggled into his chest. "Good night."