Warm

The wind lashed out at our faces. Our noses were a bright red from the onslaught. Sherlock and I were walking down the street, only a few blocks from our target, 221B.

Holding on to his arm for dear life, I stuffed my face into my scarf as well as I could, while Sherlock did the same.

Finally, after blocks of torment, we arrived at that all too familiar door. Rushing to get in, once the door was closed we let out a sigh of relief when we felt the warm air crawl up our bodies.

Heading up the stairs in silence, we knew what we were to do, since we agreed on it inaudibly while we were walked back to the flat. Going to our shared room for a quick minute, I collected all the blankets I could and headed back to the living area.

Sherlock was already ready when I arrived with an artillery of cotton and wool. Taking off my shoes, I started to layer on the blankets on Sherlock's lying form. After my job was finished, I hurriedly picked the heavy wall of blankets and cuddled up to Sherlock.

He proceeded to pull me closer to his chest and intwine our legs while we held each other.

Kissing my forehead, he let out a sigh of contentment. "I hope there are more days like this in the future. I love feeling your warmth darling." He said, slightly muffled by my hair.

"I could stay like this forever." I replied.

We both closed our eyes and I kissed his slightly exposed chest and we fell into a nice, warm slumber. We knew the winter chill would never penetrate our haven.