Serenity

I was sitting with my eyes closed. The curtains were drawn and the air around me was still. All that I could hear was the sound of my heartbeat and the rhythm of my lungs; it was the most serene moment of my life.

It seemed like a cool breeze blew into the room, and the next thing I knew light fingertips were dancing across the base of my neck. It was soothing my soul.

A pair of lips found their way to where the fingers had previously caressed; the touch was euphoric and electric.

"Hmm," came from deep down in his core, "you smell like autumn."
"Mm," I responded.

He sat down behind me and wrapped his legs around mine and continued to swaddle me into his arms. Laying his head upon my shoulder, he lightly whispered into my ear, "I love you."

"I love you more, Sherl."
"Nuh-uh," he denied.
"Yea-huh," I protested.

Quickly he was poised to attack; it wasn't long before I was writhing all along the floor trying to quench the thirst of air from laughing uncontrollably. It was hard for me to protect myself from the onslaught of tickling, but eventually I prevailed.

"That wasn't fair!" I squealed playfully.
Laughing, "That'll teach you to thing that you love me more."
I rolled my eyes and with a slight smirk, replied, "Let's just go to bed asshole."
"Whatever you say my queen... after you," he said gesturing towards the bed room in a regal fashion.

Once tucked away into the cozy duvet, I rested my forehead on Sherlock's head and continued in my endeavors on falling asleep.
"I love you." I said gently.
"I love you more," he whispered while giving me one last kiss on the top of my head to prove it.