Shine

It was a dreary day, your child, (C/N), was brutally sick and was bedridden all day long. Sherlock of course, had a case, so he was away all day, and you had no help. (C/N) was complaining all day about how they missed Sherlock.

Finally, after tedious hours of waiting, Sherlock came busting through the door, happy to see his family. When he walked in, he was confused why (C/N) didn't run up to him for him to sweep them off their feet and embrace them in a long, warm hug.

"Where is (C/N)? Is something wrong?" Sherlock said looking at you.
"Yea...(C/N) is sick babe, I was taking care of (him/her) all day today."
"Why didn't you tell me? I could have stopped what I was doing and came home. You know that? Right darling?"
"Yes, I do, I just didn't want to disturb you and pull you away from something crucial that's all."

Sherlock was slowly heading towards you now. Since he could get a hug from his favorite person, he'd have to settle with the love of his life. Hugging you, he nuzzled his face in your hair, breathing the wonderful sent of it.

"Mm... Darling, is (C/N) awake?"
"I think so, yea." You replied, muffling into his chest.
"Well, I'm going to go talk to (him/her)."
"Okay." You said.

Breaking the embrace, Sherlock quickly paced to your child's bedroom and slowly opened the door. What he saw, he could not bare.

"Oh darling, you look so ill. I'm so sorry I couldn't be here with you today."
"Huh! Daddy!" (He/she) gasped.

(C/N) opened (his/her) arms wide for Sherlock to embrace (her/him) like he usually does. Sherlock sat on the edge of the bed and got attacked by (C/N). He made sure to squeeze (him/her) as hard as he could, it always made (him/her) laugh.

"Hahaha, daddy, I can't breathe!"
Sherlock laughed back in a deep, rumbling chuckle, setting (C/N) back on the bed.

"Daddy, I'm tired, can you sing me to sleep please."
"Sure darling, I have the perfect song for you," Sherlock cleared his voice, "This little light of mine/ I'm gonna let it shine...This little light of mine/ I'm gonna let it shine/ This little light of mine/ I'm gonna let it shine/ Let it shine, shine, shine, let it shine.... Everywhere I go/ I'm gonna let it shine/ Everywhere I go/ I'm gonna let it shine/ Everywhere I go/ I'm gonna let it shine/ Let it shine, shine, shine, let it shine...."

By the time Sherlock was done with his song, (C/N) was passed out. Sherlock got up, tucked them under the blanket, and kissed (him/her) on the forehead.

Walking to your room, Sherlock quickly changed and got under the duvet with you. Pulling you to him, you chuckled a little at what you previously just heard.

"What's so funny?" He said smirked down at you.
"I never knew you could sing, that's all."

He was blushing now.

"Yea... I guess I dabble..."
"Mm, well maybe you should sing me to sleep one night."
"I'll be sure to darling." He said kissing your nose and snuggling closer to you. You fell asleep to Sherlock humming "This Little Light of Mine." When he was finished he said, "I love you," and fell into a blissful sleep with you in his arms.