Drive

"Why won't he ever notice me? All we do is drive. All we do is think about the feelings that we hide. All we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign..." You thought to yourself.

You and Sherlock were on the road again. You were taking a trip out to some city with a name to solve another case ,or that's what you thought anyway; you were sick of it.

Don't get it wrong, you loved going to solve murder mysteries, you loved the feeling of adrenaline rush through your veins whenever the suspect decided to run. You just couldn't handle the feelings that were growing inside of you more and more everyday.

"Sherlock, when are we going to get there?"

"When we get there (Y/N)."

"Okay, well you don't have to be so rude about you know, it's just a question."

"...sorry, I guess I just hate it when people ask that question."

"Mm." You replied curtly.

After another hour of just pure silence you couldn't take it anymore, you had to say something, anything, to end it.

"So... Where are we going exactly?"

"You'll see when we get there. Why do you keep asking me so many questions?"

"Because, Sherlock, it gets boring when it's so silent that I can hear the cogs in your mind working."

"Oh, well... Let's talk about something then."

"Okay, how about what tomorrow is... Which I doubt you know."

"You're correct in your assumption when you said that I wouldn't have a clue, so if you wouldn't mind, do you want to tell me?"

"Well, it will mark the first year that we've worked together."

"Oh, I did not realize that... I guess that's, fascinating."

"Yep..."

Finally deciding that you wouldn't have anymore to talk about, you waited for another hour, realizing now that you were at your stop.

Sherlock pulled into a hotel parking lot. Getting your bags from the back, you both entered the hotel lobby and immediately headed for reception.

"Hi, do you have any rooms available?"

"Yes sir, how many would you like?"

"Two would be preferable."

"Oh, well sir, we only have one room available, I'm sorry. I could recommend another hotel if tha-"

"No, it's fine. Just give us the key to the room."

"Oh, alright. How long will you be staying?"

"For four nights."

"Alright sir, here is your key. Your room is on the fifth floor, have a lovely night."

"Thank you." You said after Sherlock had started to walk towards the elevator.

Once you both got into your room, you realized that there was only a king sized bed. Not saying anything about it, you threw your baggage next to the desk set up by the window.

"Sherlock, when do we start the case?" You said looking over to him while he unpacked.

"Wha-, oh, there is no case."

"What do you mean no case!? Isn't that what we're here for."

"Not necessarily (Y/N), I... Have some other things planned for us."

"Oh, and what might that be?"

"Just wait and see darling, just wait and see..."

Blushing now from his pet name, you decided to do the same and unpack.

Getting everything settled for your four nights together, you flopped down onto the bed, exhausted from the three hour trip. As you were almost drifting off, you felt something flop down to your right.

Peeking an eye open, you saw Sherlock lying next to you on the bed.

"What are you doing Sherlock?"

"Well (Y/N), I need to tell you something very important."

"And what might that be Sherlock."

"Well... I don't know how to put this, but everything I'm around you, my heart flutters. It's like I can't function, my brain goes into overdrive, I just completely go braindead... I guess what I'm trying to say is that," he reached for your hand, "I can't see myself with a greater companion, or could ever see myself with another human for that matter, until you showed up. You make my life complete, and it would be great if you would consider being my partner in crime... Well, crime solving..."

You were completely shocked.

"Oh my gosh, Sherlock.... I never knew you thought of me, that way. Of course! I would love to!"

"Good, that means I can do this."

He leaned over and kissed you. Holding the back of your head and scooting closer to you with every second that you were held in his embrace, was another second that you saw the fireworks go off.

After breaking for air, you looked into his eyes and found solace in them. Quickly though, you unceremoniously yawned.

"Someone's tired." He said smirking, "I guess I'll take the couch then."

"No, no! Please... Stay with me..." You said grabbing his arm before he could get to far away.

"Well, if that's what you want."

Getting under the blankets, Sherlock slid next to you and enveloped you in his warm embrace. You wrapped your arms around his torso and Barrie's your head in his chest. He rested his cheek on top of your head, but first, kissed your hair, smelling it's wonderful scent.

Looking down at you for a brief moment he smiled and rested his cheek upon your head once again.

"Good night darling."

"Good night love."

You both fell asleep that night knowing that you would never have to endure another quiet car ride again.