Lonely

Somewhat of a trigger warning. Btw, sorry I haven't updated in awhile, I've been super busy, but thank you all for the support!! Have a beautiful day!;)
********************************************

It was always like this, dark, arid, gloomy... You were sitting in a corner sulking, just stressing out about the millions of pounds of pressure society put on you throughout each day. You couldn't help but to feel that you were just a complete failure, and you wouldn't amount to anything.

That was until he showed up. He was the light that guided you out of the darkness, and your angel that brought you straight to heaven.

Tucked away in your tiny apartment on Baker street, you didn't know what to do. The land lady was out, so it would be the perfect time to do it...

Contemplating on how you wanted to die, someone inconveniently knocked on your door. Seeing no choice, you went to go answer the door, and when you got there, he was on the other side panting.

"Hello, I know this may sound weird, but I'm your neighbor and I've realized what kind of mood patterns and don't do it." He said at the speed of lightning.

"Umm... I don't know what you're talking about sir." You said trying to close the door.

He stopped you before you could close the door anymore.

"I think you do...(Y/N)."

"H-how did you know my name!?"

"Well, I am very observant... If you'll let me in, I may explain how." He said hopefully.

"Why exactly should I let you in?"

"Well, because I know if I leave you alone, you'll do something that you can't take back, and I don't want that to happen."

"Fine, but only for a few minutes." You said sternly, just wanting to get this over with.

He quickly paced in, looking around the room, almost like he was in search of something. It sounded like he was muttering, "Where are they!? Where are they!?" to himself.

"Where is your bathroom?"

"Down the hall, first door on the left... Why?"

"I need to release my blaster of the liquid waste that it holds, if you have to know." He said walking towards the bathroom.

Once he got into the bathroom, he quickly closed and locked it, making sure you wouldn't be able to stop him.

He scavenged through every drawer until he finally found what he was looking for, your blades. Stowing them away into his pocket, he flushed the toilet to make it seem like he used the bathroom and walked out with a satisfied look.

You were sitting on your couch, chewing your nails, a nervous habit, just staring at the wall when he came in.

He cleared his throat, "Would you like to tell me something I already know?"

"What do you mean?"

"I think you know."

"Well, if you already know, then I'm not saying it."

Unexpectedly, he rushed over and lifted your long sleeves up seeing what you did to yourself for some relief.

You couldn't contain it anymore and just broke down crying.

Not knowing what to do, he did what he thought was best and sat down next to you and pulled you into a hug.

Stroking your hair he spoke, "You don't have to be afraid, it's going to be okay... I promise."

***Months later***

You were sitting in Sherlock's leather chair, waiting for him to get home from his case, like usual.

He came busting through the door in search for you.

Seeing you, he came to a halt and slowly walked behind the chair you were in. Wrapping his arms around your neck, he kissed your temple and whispered in your ear, "And how are you my love?"

"Mm, well, I'm better now that you're here."

"I like to hear that."

He kissed your temple again and went to the front of the chair, picked you up, sat down, and place you on his lap.

You laid your head on his shoulder while he twirled your hair in his hand. Closing your eyes, you could hear the steady thrum of his heart, making you sleepier and sleepier.

"You know, I haven't gotten to thank you for what you did for me Sherlock."

"I don't need anything thanks darling. Your love is quite enough for me. You know, in a sense, you saved me too."

Smiling contently, you sighed and and listening to the inner workings of Sherlock's lean, handsome body, and fell into a quiet slumber, knowing that your best-friend and true love will be there when you awaken. 

Realizing you were asleep, Sherlock carried you to your shared bedroom and laid you down on your side, tucking you in.

Getting dressed for bed, he slid into his side, and pulled your still sleeping body to him. Kissing your forehead one more time he said, "Goodnight my angel," and went to sleep dreaming of you.