I'm Never The One- Chapter 4

Kaitlyn's POV

After school Bonnie drove me home. Elena said she wanted to walk home, so I didn't question or offer to come with her. I knew what she was doing and thought it better if she did it alone. She was going to visit our parents' graves.

Later that night Elena and I decided to go to the Grill to meet up with some friends. "Come on, Elena!" I yell up the steps in frustration. What was taking her so long? "I'll meet you in the car!"

I open the door to come face to face with Stefan. "God, Stefan. You about gave me a heart attack!" I groan and slap my hand over my heart.

"Oh, sorry Elena. I just came to give you this," he tells me blushing and hands me Elena's diary. Hold on a sec, did he just address me as Elena?

"Wrong twin, Salvatore," I smirk twirling my curly hair. How was he so blind not to notice? Elena equals straightened hair. Kaitlyn, as in me, equals curly hair. It's not that confusing? It's the sole purpose I bother to curl my hair in the first place.

"Oh, Kaitlyn. You two are just so alike...I mean besides the hair. I'm sorry it won't happen again. I just came to return the diary and apologize to Elena for disappearing in the cemetery earlier. You see, she was bleeding and I don't do so well around blood," Stefan informs me and I nod.

"Well, I'd like to apologize to you for my behavior when we met outside the men's bathroom this morning. Elena cleared everything up and told me how you are just looking out for us so Damon doesn't do anything stupid."

"Yeah, I'm not purposely trying to stalk you or anything like that. Um...were you going somewhere?"

Then I hear Elena race down the stairs. "I'm ready, Kaitlyn! Don't leave me!" she shouts. She huffs as she relaxes beside me and steadies herself by grasping my shoulder. She still hasn't taken notice of Stefan.

"Here, Elena. Stefan brought your diary," I say and her head flies up noticing him for the first time.

"I promise I didn't read it," adds Stefan as I hand Elena the diary.

"Why? Most guys would," counters Elena.

"I wouldn't want anyone reading mine," explains Stefan. My mouth drops open.

"You have a diary?" I laugh.

He glares at me and so does Elena. "When you've lived as long as I have it's easy to forget things, Kaitlyn. Memories are too important to forget."

"Sure..." I trail off awkwardly.

"Stefan, Kaitlyn and I were going to the Grill. Want to come?" asks Elena, breaking the silence.

"I'd love to," agrees Stefan and all three of us pack into Elena's car and head to the Grill together. Caroline is so going to freak out on us for being late.

We arrive at the Grill and take our seats with Bonnie and Caroline. Surprisingly, Caroline doesn't complain about how we are a half hour late. She's too busy gawking at Stefan. Desperate, much?

Caroline starts asking Stefan questions about his childhood and I honestly zone out. I know most of what he's saying is probably a load of baloney.

When they finally get off that topic I begin to half way listen. "So, Stefan. If you're new you probably don't know about the party tomorrow," says Caroline. She is so trying to rope him in.

"Are you going?" asks Stefan. I think he's talking to Elena. Then I turn to see he's asking me. My head was propped up by my arms during that moment and somehow my arms slipped out from under me causing my head to slam against the table. So should have been paying closer attention.