I'm Never The One- Chapter 19

Kaitlyn's POV

"I think I heard them upstairs," I answer Damon, walking up the Boarding House stairs.

I hear his loud footsteps following me.

It has been a few days since I've teamed up with Damon to rescue his imprisoned girlfriend and things have never been better between us. I even consider us friends, though I'd never mention this to Damon. The plan right now is to get his brother and my sister on board with the idea of unleashing Katherine. Easier explained than done.

I open the door to Stefan's room and scream stumbling back a few steps. Elena and Stefan are butt naked cuddling in bed!

Damon ignores this and shoves past me sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Damon!" I exclaim along with Elena.

"Hey, if I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it. I've seen Kaitlyn naked and Elena's her twin, so I doubt it's something I haven't seen before anyway," Damon says casually.

"Damon..." growls Stefan, protectively pulling the blanket covering him and Elena tighter around my twin.

"Yes, brother dearest?" Damon smirks.

"What do you want?" spits out Stefan with disgust.

"Do you want the honor, Kate?" Damon asks me.

I swallow my nerves and walk further into the bedroom. "I agreed to help Damon free Katherine."

"'You what?" shouts Elena.

I ignore her and continue. "We came to ask if you guys would help."

"Not going to hap-" Elena is cut off by Stefan's hand.

"We would love to," answers Stefan.

"Really?" asks Damon, suspicion shining in his blue eyes.

"Yes, Damon. Anything to get you out of town," Stefan says.

Damon still doesn't act like he believes his brother, but doesn't object again.

I take this as my cue to continue. "Stefan and Elena are on journal duty."

"Journal what?" asks Elena quizzically.

"Our ancestor, Jonathan Gilbert, had a journal where he wrote about Emily's grimoire. Find the journal, find the grimoire," I sum up.

"Okay," says Stefan. "Will you two leave now?"

"Oh, yeah." The awkwardness in my voice doesn't go unnoticed. I so forgot they were naked. "Let's go, Damon."

Elena's POV

I sort through boxes of my family heirlooms at my house while Stefan stands beside me. I stop momentarily and look up at him. He doesn't seem to notice I'm looking at him and I smile to myself. We've been through so much and through it all I can still call Stefan Salvatore my boyfriend. I giggle at how cliché it is of me to get butterflies because of the word boyfriend.

Stefan looks over at me suddenly. "What's so funny?" he asks, those eyebrows of his knitting together.

"Nothing." I smile and look back down at the box in my lap.

"Have you found the journal yet?"

"No and I don't want to. Why do you want to help Damon? He's only caused you misery, Stefan," I say, combing my fingers through my hair stressfully.

"I don't want to help him. This alliance is all fake, Elena. The two of us are going to find the grimoire before Damon to assure Katherine never sees daylight again."