I'm Never The One- Chapter 7

Kaitlyn's POV

I sit cradling Damon's head in my lap on the floor of The Boarding House. I've been in this same position for a few hours now. After I recovered from my shock of thinking he was dead, I darted to his side.

In the moment that I thought Damon was dead, I realized something. Even if Damon felt nothing once so ever towards me I felt something for him. I'm not saying I love Damon Salvatore. I'm just saying I can't deny that I feel something between us.

He may have tried to kill both Bonnie and Vicki, but for some reason that doesn't change anything. It doesn't affect the way I feel, but when he did try and kill Bonnie he did indeed lose my trust.

It's complicated how I feel towards Damon. I absolutely don't trust him after what he did, but at the same time I do have feelings for him. It's hard to explain. All I know is that it hurt a lot worst when I thought Damon died then when I realized my own parents were dead. It makes me feel like a crappy daughter to admit it, but it's true.

I brush a hair out of Damon's face staring at his closed eyes. I start to think absentmindedly about his eyes. They are these perfect, blue crystals that are by far the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen. The fact that he dresses all in black makes them stand out even more and look dazzling and striking.

Thinking of his eyes makes me think of my own. I have big, brown eyes that blend in with my brown hair and tan skin.

Come to think of it, nothing about me is really all that beautiful and having a twin who looks exactly like you doesn't help the situation. What would Damon ever see in me?

What if when he kissed me he was in fact using me; using me to get back at Stefan; using me to save Katherine, yet another person who looks exactly like me; using me for his own selfish gain?

I can feel tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. I look down to see Damon waking up. I panic. I can't face him not knowing where I stand and what I want; not knowing if I want him. Not to mention, the fact my eyes are bloodshot and watery.

I quickly push Damon off of me and run out of the house before he has a chance to regain consciousness and realize I was there at all.

Damon's POV

I sit up off the floor with a massive headache and pain in my neck. Either I got really drunk or someone snapped my neck. Maybe both.

I turn my head towards the door to see a glimpse of someone quickly leaving. I know it was one of the twins, but I couldn't tell which.

I stand up and go into the kitchen still in a little bit of a daze. I get a cup of blood and sit down on one of the stools.

I start to slowly drink it, hoping it will get rid of the pain, when Stefan walks in and takes a seat on another stool.

"Where'd Kaitlyn go?" he asks. So that answers the question of what twin ran away.

"Saw her dash out the door when I woke up. What happened?"

"You got drunk. More than usual. Kaitlyn and I came to find you after you tried to murder Bonnie and Vicki Donovan. You were out of control and tried to force yourself onto Kaitlyn. In the end, I snapped your neck."

"Oh," I say, taking it all in. I can't believe I did that to Kaitlyn. Even though I was drunk it wasn't right. "She must really hate me now."

"Quite the opposite. When I snapped your neck she thought you were dead. You should have seen the look on her face. I've never seen someone so devastated in my entire life and that's saying something since we have both been around for so long. Damon, she may not realize it now, but I think she loves you."