Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Tomorrow, I've already arranged it so that we can go to Monique mums place in Calabasis. Noah feels safe there, he's my priority, making sure he's safe happy and healthy.

"Why, why did you choose now. I know you've said he's asking questions. But why now why here." He asked me looking pained.

I took a deep breath, letting his fingers intertwine with mine as we sat facing eachother on the chase. I looked out at the glittering lights below thinking of how to say it.

"I never got over you, I never got of the way that in one night, ever part of your being got into me. Literally. I watched an interview you did last month. The reporter asked you why you never seemed to be with the same girl, that you embodied the rockstar stereo type. You looked pained when she said that, you told her that you believed every person had a soul that fitted there's and that you'd lost yours a long time ago but you'd find it again one day. Something grabbed me when you said that. And why here? Here is where you feel safe, LA is your safe place."

He ran his thumb across my lip silencing me.
"From the moment I saw you in the crowd that day, I've felt a spark, more than that shit about love at first sight or lust or whatever you call it. It's like you know when you had to make an electrical circuit at school and you finally got all the wires and switches right and everything lit up? When I saw you it's like everything inside of me was finally right, it was finally bright. It was more than your body, yours smile. It was your ability to see me for me and accept me for me."