Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Adam

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Shawn giving me a thumbs up and a eye brow raise. They had her, after all this time my elusive girl in the pink scarf was here. The stage was normally the place I loved most in life, a nightly adrenalin rush. Tonight I could hear my heart beat in my ears, and it was nothing to do with preforming to one of our largest crowds ever. It was an energetic crowd, the kind you wish for, singing along, dancing around enjoying the live atmosphere. That kind of energy always made a performance better.

We walked off to the wings between our main show and encore. Someone handed me a bottle of water, as I chugged it down. I stopped.

"Hey there." She stood before me smiling.

I reached my hand out and tucked the tendril of loose hair behind her ear, before I even knew what I was doing. Resting my hand on her cheek as she leaned into it closing her eyes.

I hadn't even noticed the guys returning to the stage and playing the opening line my que to return to the stage.

"Don't move." I rubbed my thumb over her lip before turning my back to her and walking back on the stage.

"Thank you LA you've been amazing! We hope to see you all back here next tour! Goodnight!" We all went to centre stage and took our joint bow, to exuberant screaming.

I grabbed Jesse on our way out. "Apologise to ma and the rest of the fam, something's come up I may be MIA for a few days. Nothing bad, very good actually, just cover me ok?"

"Ok, ok. But Adam, be careful. I saw her too, one night made you mourn for her a long time. You've created this idealistic person in your head since then. Sometimes we morph our memories to what we want them to be. Just be careful and check in sometimes."

"This coming from the person who is always talking about a spiritual connection. You know I'm ribbing you. I'll be careful. I have a good feeling about this. A very good feeling."

I grabbed my bag from my dressing room and headed for the communal lounge. She's sitting there, talking to another females about the same age but a complete opposite to her. Her friend was blonde petite and tan. Compared to Bianca's long legs, milky completion and now shorter trendier but glossy dark mane.

I walked over "You waited."

She looked up at me through her lashes. "I said I would." Smiling meeting my eyes. We just stayed there her sitting me standing for several breathes, a million heart beats.

Breaking the spell "Hi, I'm Monique. Bianca's best friend. You must be Adam, the elusive rock star." I took her out stretched hand shaking it.

"I don't know about elusive. Monique, Bianca and myself have some ah catching up to do. Would you mind if I stole her from you for the night. The guys well look after you." Pulling Jesse over from behind me "Jesse this is Monique, she's Bianca's friend would you mind entertaining her for the night, make sure she gets home safely?"

"A beautiful Lady like her? Sure! Monique want to come meeting everyone?"

"Sure! Sounds like a plan!" She leaned into Bianca whispered something to her leaned her forehead against Bianca's and stood up taking Jesses out stretched hand

Leaning into me she whispered "You mean more to her than you know, please don't hurt her." Then louder she said "look after my girl, she's one in a million." Blowing a kiss she let Jesse lead her away.

I sat down next to Bianca taking her hand stroking the inner palm with my calloused thumb, the softness of her hands with my rough thumb. "I can't believe your truly here, I looked for you after that night. It was hard finding you when I only knew your first name."

Someone from the record company stopped by to congratulate me on a great tour. If we stayed that's what it would be like all night.

"I know this may be a bit forward but can we go somewhere quieter. Will you come home with me. Where we can talk?"

She liked at me "yes I will because we need to talk."

Her tone, her seriousness, the pain and fear in her eyes made me concerned but it would have to wait for now.