Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Bianca

It's been four years since that fated night, the fun night with the hot rocker. A lot has changed both for the good and bad. I'm now a kindergarten teacher, I love it, seeing the kids learning is great, the look on their faces when they learn something new. While most people would find the ear piercing noise in my classroom headache material, I find it peaceful serene even. Everyone put your art supplies away and come sit on the mat, the first one to do it quietly gets a star on their sticker chart.

There was a flurry of desks opening and art supply's being returned to cubby holes as the children sat in front of me.

"Well done everyone, Juliet you get a star. Next week it's music week, so your homework is to go home and think of your favourite song and also mummy/daddies and we shall talk about it Tuesday after the long weekend." Just as I finished the bell went "Have a good long weekend everyone!"

The next half an hour was full of parents and children packing up, trying to find lost shoes, and wrangling children. As the last one left I felt a tug at my leg "mummmmmy can we go yet, can we? Can we? Can we go on the big plane now?"

Lifting him up I smiled at him "yes my darling Noah as soon as the classrooms secure we shall go." As we wiggled our noses against each other our tradition. Your wondering right, if he's the father? If that one night stand all those years ago created this miricle? You'd be right. He has his dark hair, his nose, and when he smiles, when he smiles you certain.

By the time I found out I was pregnant it was too late, he'd gone from that touring rocker to the untouchable rocker, I tried a couple of times to reach him through management but I found I faced a slammed door every-time. So I decided I would do it on my own, the first time I felt him kick I knew I could do it and I have. But Noah is inquisitive he's asking lots of questions he wants to know who his father is, he wants family, I have no right to keep him from that. So where are we going? LA, Noah is going to stay with my best friend Monique's mother. While myself and Monique go to a concert. Monique is the only person who knows the truth, she's the only one who understands why my breath catches everytime I hear their music on the radio. I pick up my handbag to get my keys out and tuck the pink silk scarf back in my bag, memories so bitter sweet. "Noah lets go to LA!" I flick the classroom lights off lock the door and grab my little mans hand here goes nothing.