Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I followed Adam throughout his large house; it was if it had come from a designer magazine, everything looked as if no one had ever sat on it. Everything perfectly posed for the next photo shoot. So much white and stainless steel. Things that were not kid friendly. In my world the white sofa would have jam fingers and grape juice on it within five minutes even if there wasn't jam or juice in the house. The stainless steel fridge would have finger prints all over it, yes even that fancy no mark stuff. Our house is full of kid friendly wipeable surfaces and storage lots and lots of storage, IKEA is sadly one of my favourite places I love containers, anything that can hide, the million and one things boys have, legos, soldiers, cars, all so little. Normal girls love diamonds, I love plastic.

Adam led me into a luxurious bedroom, with a California king size bed, He then led me through the huge adjoining bath with had a huge bath made for two overlooking the valley of trees and lights below, through a vast picture window, the bathroom was decked out in Carrera marble, stoney white with blue hues, the heated floors warm on my stockinged feet. Not allowing me more than a few seconds to take in the expansive view he continued pulling my into the massive walk in wardrobe, yes I was running out of ways to say huge! We live in a 2 bedroom walk up; our whole apartment is the size of this wardrobe! So least to say this girl was in awe, imagining my shoes in the lit specially designed racks, Shoes were my weakness, I rarely treated myself but when I did it was shoes. Beautiful, uncomfortable feats' of glorious design.

"This is beyond amazing Adam, I'm impressed."

He just tilted his head in that way, and cockily smiled at me. The kind of smile that made my panties get a little damper. That smile caused me to bite my bottom lip, in an effort to stop myself lunging towards him and devoring him whole. Instead Adam pinned me against the centre console, his warm lips against mine the right kind of pressure, the prefect kind of kiss. He pulled away from me and looked down.

"I need to show you this before I show you more of that." He placed his finger over my mouth as I kissed it.

He walked over to a cabinet reached up and pulled down a large rectangle white box, placing it beside me on the counsel.

"Now I don't want to freak you out, but there was something that made me hold on to these all these years, something deep inside that I couldn't explain until I saw you again tonight."

He took a deep breath and opened the box and pushed it towards me.

Looking inside it was like going back in a time warp, there was the pink scarf I wore that night, a ticket from that night, a large picture of the crowd, myself clearly evident. My goodbye note scribbled on the hotel stationary.

"You kept it all this time?"

"You're the only person who took my breathe away like that, was able to use my own words in that way, that was able to give me hope."

I took his hand and led him back towards the bedroom.

&\w