Chapter 2

Chapter 2

We all made our way to the front of the stage, grinning ear to ear, looking at each other in amazement; we had started out 5 guys in the back of a van playing for crowds of one or two people, or even at times just the bartender. To this, thousands of screaming fans, screaming for us, for our music, they actually paid money to come and watch us do the thing we love, it never ceased to amaze me. As we come up from our bow I took a second to take in the diversity of the crowd, mainly female, of all ages, and races, how far music could reach never stopped to amaze me. I couldn't help to catch the girl in the pink scarf, now wearing a backstage pass, as she saw me look at her I saw her mouth "thank you". Smiling to myself as I walked off stage, it wasn't the end it was just the beginning of the night.

As we walked through the wings and down stage getting slaps of the back from the crew I anxiously looked around for Shawn, but he was sight unseen, I was unusually nervous. God what was getting into me? I made eye contact with a girl that was it! Get it together Levine. The way her head tilted back and move to the beat, the way her lip looked clenched in her teeth. I was a goner!

I made my way back into our dressing room, still in my dream world, a ice cold bottle of Heineken was shoved into my hand I'm not even sure who. Taking a hard seat on the sofa, I tilted my head back taking a long swig of beer. The hum of everyone moving around me, getting ready for wrap party. I continued to swig my beer as I sat head back eyes closed, coming down from the high of preforming.

I only stirred from my trance like state when Fred chucked a clean white towel at me "Levine get your butt in the shower so we can get the show on the road and get this party going."

"Can't a man get five minutes peace to unwind and enjoy his beer?" I moaned

"Someone who doesn't take forever to get ready yes, you no. Now get your sweaty butt in the shower tonight."

Groaning I pulled myself up and made my way to my dressing room of the communal area, I turned the shower on, pulling of my t-shirt discarding it on the floor, kicking my shoes to the corner of the room, undoing my belt sliding down my jean zipper, then removing my boxes, jeans and socks in one go. Stepping in the shower I let the hot steam on water fall over my body that had begun to ache. The more I relaxed, the imageries begun to filter through my mind, longer fingers running through hair, a pink scarf fluttering in the breeze, those eyes piercing into my soul. I knew they were all images of her, yet I still couldn't understand why I was so intently drawn to the mysterious woman.

I turned the shower off and reached for the towel I had slung over the back of a chair I rubbed my face, almost as if to rub the images out of my brain, it wasn't working. I wrapped the towel around my waist and made my way of to the small wrack of clothing.

As I was contemplating outfits the door swung open and Jesse launched himself into the only chair in the room.

"So whats got you all quiet and brooding? Saw you on stage couple times lose your concentration, not like you Levine. A girl you screwed around on appear?"

I pulled on a fresh pair of black boxers under my towel taking my damp towel and throwing it straight at Jesse's face.

"You mean when you came in late? And you know I don't screw around on any girls, I don't keep anyone around long enough to "screw" around on. What's your hippy ass doing in here anyhow?"

"Owch man, was just concerned about you bro, your never this quiet oh and Fred told me to drag your pretty boy ass out of here everyone is waiting for you."

"I'm fine, just contemplating the end of an era, and sending your ass in here just slows down my ass out of here Carmichael I'll be out in 5."

"Yeah, its going to be odd waking up in our own beds and actually knowing where we are. Don't take too long, Fred is already crabby as it is."

I dressed in my classic white tshirt and jeans , quickly styling my hair in the mirror, before chucking on my leather jacket and walking out my dressing room door, to go in search of my girl in the pink scarf, if I didn't get closer to her I was going to go nuts.