Chapter 3

Chapter 3

We all piled into our van, the was a typical for us now we were either in a van, on the tour bus or on a plane, it had become the normal it was going to be abnormal to go back to driving my car again. Behind a wheel, in control, going where I want when I want, not having to do things by democracy. It was going to be free and overwhelming all at once.

"What's up with you tonight Adam, haven't seen you so deep in thought since that day you tried to read." Mickey leaned over the seat to me trying to get a rise out of me but tonight I didn't feel like biting.

"Nothing, just thinking, lots of change coming." I mumbled off at him, then realised what he said "And hey I can read, I just choose not to waste my time on that useless historical crap you read! I live life instead!"

Choosing to ignore my comment Mickey changed the subject "So you think there will be some hotties at this party?"

"Should be got Shawn to hand out a few passes, and Sarah we met here last year was going to come with some of her model friends, should be a smorgasbord for you to pick from Mick, We gotta have this tour go off with a bang" I winked at him.

We pulled up to the Club, it was a converted warehouse, in a up and coming part of town, I didn't know where Shawn found places like this, but I was liking the vibe, secluded, dark giving off a almost gothic romantic edge. We piled out of the van, stopped for a few photos and autographs with fans who had managed to find us I didn't know how they did it, so I gave them props and as long as it wasn't going to turn into a riot I tried to stop for as long as I could. Smiling, pulling faces, for endless pictures, scrawling my name on pictures, t-shirts, magazines, posters whatever was handed to me, that little amount of my time could make a fans year so why not. After posing for the last photo we made our way into the venue, the lights were low, there were people crowded into every corner, the hum of chatter made it difficult to hear your own thoughts. As we all walked through the entrance into the main room, the chatter stopped and a round of applause and whopping and cheering begun and they wonder why rock stars have big egos, we just walk into a room and get an ovation. We all made our way into the crowd grinning ear to ear, we had done it, as we made our way through the crowd stopping to shake a hand, get a slap on the back, hug or kiss on the cheek all attempting to make our way to the bar for a well-deserved alcoholic beverage.

I made it to the bar and just as I ordered a shot of tequila with a beer chaser, I looked up over in the corner I saw there sitting with a friend at a booth, watching me. She was still wearing that pink scarf and was twirling the stem of her cocktail glass. She picked up her glass all while continuing to maintain what seemed like indissoluble eye contact; it was intense like she was reading into my soul. I reached for my shot slam it back, grabbing my beer and making my way over to her. As I made my way to her it seemed like every person wanted me to stop and talk, congratulated me on a great tour, a great show, ask what was next, what I was going to do with my break. I politely answered all of their questions, accepted their congratulations, all while maintaing a close watch on her the whole time.

As I made my way through the last of the people I found her sitting alone. She looked up at me

"I wondered when you would get here, I'm Bianca" and with the confident way she smirked up and me I knew I was done.