Farewell

Darkness covered the forest, forest creatures started coming out. I stood in the middle of the forest, staring all around me. But I could see the back light on the house. There was a full moon tonight. 

I slowly inched towards the house, but glanced around if I could see Lucas. I knew deep down he needed my help, but I knew dad would yell.

I was leaning towards Lucas, but also dad. Voices scrambled through my head, I wanted them out, too many voices all at once. I began running. Suddenly I stopped in dead track and held in my breath. I heard the sounds of muffled voices.

I rounded a tree and glanced around and saw Lucas and the other vampires fighting Helsing.

During the first blows, Lucas concentrated on his defense and let his muscles settle into the rhythm of the fight. 

After several minutes of attempting to get past Helsing's defenses, Helsing lost his temper and began to batter at him as if to pound him into the ground.

Lucas began to fight for his life. Helsing wouldn't be content with pretend wounds and victory; he was out for blood.

It became completely silent, it was dead quiet in the forest, only the sound of both fighters' breathes.

Lucas thought desperately for a way out of the mess. He wasn't a some knight in shinning armor, but he was a superior survivor.

Helsing's weapon slipped past his defenses and slashed toward his throat. Lucas dodged, laughing as if having a marvelous time. He praised loudly, "Such a wonderful strategy."

When Helsing slashed backhanded in a return blow, Lucas turned his body vertically and caught it before it cut him. "Excellent. Excellent. You're one of the finest hunters I've ever seen, maybe the only one really."

Helsing blinked as if coming out of a daze but continued to go for blood. Lucas laughed and spouted praise for almost a minute before Helsing attack began to ease in its brutality.

Helsing's weapon, and Lucas's hands caught each other high in the air, and they stood belly to belly, face to face.

Helsing whispered, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Dying is such a messy, bloody, ugly thing. I don't want to kill you in front of Zoey, but if I have too, I will do it, but  I don't particularly want to die in front of her either. Where I come from that's not acceptable. If we must fight, we do it without a female audience." Lucas told him.

Lucas glanced towards me where  I stood so silent, my hands clinched in painful distress. I watched in tense. I didn't know he saw me.

Helsing quickly shoved Lucas to the ground, I saw Nicholai, Mina, and Selene rushing at Helsing, attacking at all sides.

Helsing quickly dodged them, but started shooting arrows at them. I barely saw Selene hiding in the shadows, she was crouching low waiting to strike. Nicholai and Helsing were fighting up a storm. 

Helsing had Nicholai in a choke hold, Selene was already swing punches, but suddenly there was a piercing scream. I ran out from my spot and saw Selene with five silver arrows pierced into her chest. 

She screamed, squirming in pain. "Make it stop !" She screamed. "Make what stop ?" I asked confused. "It hurts... please !" Selene pleaded. 

She was groaning, and digging at the dirt with her fingers. Five silver arrows stuck in her, she stood up but stumbled a bit. Selene's balance was way off. I grabbed her waist to hold her up. 

Selene screamed and toppled to the ground. I glanced over and saw Helsing slicing Nicholai's head. Blood splattered everywhere, Lucas' anger raged.