Death Awaits

I stared down at the waves crashing against the cliff, the temptation was there. One of the saddest things in the world is to feel broken, and although you've somehow been figuratively ripped apart, you feel like you can never be put back together again.

A tear ran down my cheek, I leaned forewords a little....I felt nothing under me... just air, until I felt the water. It was like smacking pavement. I didn't even let my body do anything, I wanted to drown. I watched as I slowly descended downwards.

When I looked up, I could see my air bubbles reaching the top. The bubbles stopped, I felt darkness over take me. I drifted into consciousness. I pictured Lucas, him carrying me to the sandy beach, he would be dripping wet.

I pictured him lying me on the sand, and hovering above me, staring down at me, felling pity for me. Then came the moment...Lucas leaning towards me but stopped at my neck, and paused...picturing him biting me and changing me into a vampire.

But it didn't happen. Nearly an hour later, my body washed up on shore. I felt my nearly lifeless body being picked up. I couldn't tell if I was dead or not, I wanted to be dead. But I wasn't, my eyelids softly and slowly fluttered opened, I couldn't tell where I was, but I could tell I was in a room.

The room was a pale blue and had a few chairs in the corners. I was by myself, I stared up at the ceiling starting at a white fan. Just then there was a little knock at the door, a person came in, he looked familiar, like I've seen him before. "How are you doing today ?" he asked me. "I think I'm okay, but where am I ?" I asked him.

"You are at a hospital, but you've been severely injured " he said. "I don't recall anything about what happened to me" I said. "From your own injuries I can tell, it looks like you very much tried to attempt suicide" he said. "Can you relate anything about it ?" he asked me.

I tried to recall the memory, all I could get was the flashes of water and a glimpse of Lucas. "I don't remember anything about it, I am sorry" I told him. I didn't want to remember that memory. "That is okay, better next time" he said. He stood up and walked out of the room with a clipboard in his hand.

I saw him write a few things down on it. I lied about it, but it's for my sake. I laid here for many hours, waiting... Until that same doctor came back in, " I do believe I have news for you" he said. "What is it ?" I asked him.

"Well I had to go through your wallet and found a number, I called and believed it was a family member, so they can come over and get you" the doctor told me.

He smiled then left. Nearly an hour later, my dad walked in looking sad but a little happy to see me. "Oh honey..." he said walking up to the side of the bed and sitting on the edge of it. He stared down at the bruses. "Are you okay ?" he asked. " I'm okay dad" I told him.

He hugged me, after awhile he signed me out and we went home. I felt like I was drained and had no umph for anything. I sat in my room alone staring out my window staring in the trees. Something then hit my window, I looked down, there was Lucas.

He was throwing pebbles at my window. I opened the window and leaned my palms against the window still "Lucas" I said. "Hey, how are you ?" he asked from down below. "Okay, and you ?" I asked. "I'm good, but more glad that your okay" he said.

"Thanks, hey want to come up ?" I asked. I started to go for my door when I heard something at the window, I turned. "Woah, how ?" I asked shocked. "I climbed" he just said. I walked back over to the window and glanced down at the ground.

"You climbed ?" I asked still surprised. "Well, a jump climb actually" he said. "You... you just jumped and climbed to my window ?" I asked. "Yes, a vampire can jump very far" he said. He followed me over to the edge of the bed, "I've really been worried about you" he told me.

"You have ?" I asked. "Yes" he said scooting closer to me. "I've been watching over you" he said. "You have, then why haven't you been there to protect me ?" I asked shoving myself off the bed. "I've been bullied, tempted suicide, nearly drowned and died, and yet you show no protection" I told him getting upset.

"Let me tell you something, You're worth it. No matter how many times someone has told you other wise. You really are" he said. "I'm not worth anything" I said turning my back.

"I really want to be strong. I really do. But I can't help bursting out crying sometimes, because I just don't know how thing will get better, my life is a living hell Lucas" I told him tearing up. "If you could read my thoughts, you'd be in tears" I told him.

"It's okay to make mistakes. If people can't accept that, they don't deserve to be around you" he said. "You really think that ?" I asked turning back to him. "I know so" Lucas said as his cold fingers slowly and gently rubbed my arm. I smiled and leaned into his arms and just hugged him.