Surgery

A doctor came rusing down the hallway, "Are you the patient ?" he asked me. I showed him my hand and he nearly gasped so loud. He then dragged me away from my dad, I glanced over my shoulder to take one last look of him.

The doctor came to a room, he sat me down, "Now, your father will see you later, we need to get that nail out of your hand or it will cause some major damage and you'll be suffering from pain" he told me.

Was he really serious ? Good lord !

Moments later, there was a female doctor here. She injected an i.v tube into my right arm. She smiled at me, then left. I lyed in a bed staring at a wall. Well this was fun ! Not ! I was quite board. Just then that male doctor came in, "How are you doing ?" he asked.

"Fine I guess, but when do I get this out ?" I showed him the nail. "Yes, we are heading that way now" he said. I glanced at his name tag, it said Dr. J Talbot. A nurse came in and got me ready. She helped me out of the bed, "ready to get that out ?" she asked.

"Yes" I said. We all walked into the ER and the nurse sat me down on the edge of a single bed. She grabbed some device and walked back over to me. The doctor came in, "is she ready to be put under ?" he asked the nurse. "What, what do you mean ?" I asked alarmed. 

"You'll be okay, we need to put you under, so you can't feel a thing when we get the nail out" he told me. "Oh, okay" I said unsure. The nurse told me to lay down on the bed. I took a few deep breaths, I was nerious as heck.

The nurse brought a clear mask near my face. My body trembled in fear. She moved it over my mouth. I felt the drugs kicking in, my eyes slowly tried to stay open, but couldn't. I drifted into slumber land.

I never felt anything, while I slept. Three hours later, my eyes fluttered as they slowly opened. Everything was blurry at first. I saw figures standing in front of me. I couldn't tell who they were at first.

I heard their voices, then realized it was my dad and family. "Dad ?" I asked but my voice sound horse. He walked up to the side of the bed. "How are you doing ?" he asked.