Marked for death

"Zoey... where did you leave him ?" Lucas asked me. "At Little Creek, just about a mile back" I said. "Did he follow you ?" he asked. "No, we sorta quarreled" I told him. "You argued, why would you do a thing like that ?" He asked me. "It wasn't certainly my fault, he just...well got me mad" I explained.

"Next time be careful " he said then suddenly he quickly embraced me with a hug.

Wow, was Lucas that concerned about me or just my safety ? 

He then pulled away. But then seemed the stare behind me. What was he looking at ? I turned, but noticed what he was staring at. That guy was standing nearly a mile away, but we could see him. After a few minutes he left. Lucas turned back to me, and had that smile across his face. 

Now that's what I loved, his wonderful smile.

I felt butterflies in the pit of my stomach. I had the feeling before, even after when I met Lucas. After a while, I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and smiled and left him. I glanced over my shoulder and saw him smiling, obviously he liked it.

Later on that day, I decided to go into town, I was going to the bookstore, I really didn't need more books, but I wanted a new one, nearly after buying three I walked out of the store and turned and glanced around. 

Usually there are a lot of people around walking about the streets. Where was everyone ?

It was weird, hmm.... Well I guess some people would stay home on a blustery day like this day. I was walking back home, I decided to take a short cut through Central Park, when I noticed something.

Someone was lying on a bench, but that wasn't unusual, normally the hobo's were always here. I slowly walked over, "Um... are you okay ?" I asked. Nothing, just silence, the wind was picking up again.

I got a little closer, waiting for the person to see me, but I then noticed something red on their clothing. Was it a logo ? I was wrong, hearing tiny drops I glanced down seeing blood dripping onto the cement. I dropped my books and nearly tripped backwards.

Now the question was...who was it ?  I mean, who would die out here in Central Park in the middle of the day ? My heart was pounding so hard, that fear was crawling over my skin. I got goosebumps, I finally steadied my self and came right up to the dead body and began over looking.

I was a bit curious on how the person died really. I looked over the skin area, but saw no marks or wounds. I went home and needed some time to think. Should I have left that body there, was that the right thing to do ?

I began pacing my room, what was I suppose to do about a dead body ? I prayed someone else would find it. Was I way wrong... just the next day my dad wanted me to stop by the hardware store for him, after going to the hardware store, not thinking I went through Central Park, and nearly screamed.

There across from me, two more bodies. This was crazy, why hasn't anyone else seen them ? I slowly walked over, bending over, still no cause of how exactly they died. After looking at them, I thought I had saw something on one's arm. I lifted his arm up and stared at it. Numbers.

The number was 3. Was it a tattoo ? And why the number 3, maybe a good luck tattoo. Hum... I thought.  Then I decided to look at the other two, same with them, the first person I saw here had the number 1 on their arm, and while the other body had the number 2.

This was odd, why would they have the numbers one, two, and three on their arms. I rub a finger onto the numbers and it smeared. Wait so someone was writing numbers on them ? I did decide to report it.

Like always I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, that I had crashed into someone. "Oh sorry" I said looking up. I realized who I had bumped into, that same exact man that was all dressed in black. "Watch where you are going" he told me sternly. "I'm sorry" I said then past him, I knew he was watching me.