Instincts

"But you can control it ?" I asked. "Occasionally I can, other times I won't be able to control myself" he explained. "Like with Helsing ?" I asked. "Yeah like him, but he had it coming" he told me. "But...I saw how brutal it was, like you weren't all there" I told him.

"It's the instinct" he said. I nodded my head then turned back towards the fire. I began dozing off, sometime after, I was awoken by a loud noise near by. I sat straight up, seeing that Lucas was gone. "Lucas" I called out. Nothing but pure silence, not one sound was made.

I got up to see what that sound was, walking around but finding a tree lying on the ground. I glanced around to see how and why there was a tree here. Maybe I was just imagining it, but I wasn't. Seeing Lucas standing a few yards away.

"Lucas" I called towards him. He seemed like he didn't hear me, I tried again, but nothing. Climbing over the fallen tree he seemed very interested in something. Coming up to him, his back was at me. "Lucas" I said softly.

Slowly reaching to tap his shoulder, he suddenly turned. Eyes as red as blood, blood gracefully dripped down his chin. "What are you doing ?" I asked. "Hunting" he said with his mouth full. Lucas eyed me "what ?" I asked.

"Nothing" he said then turned back and walked off. "Where you going ?" I asked. He didn't answer, I followed him. "Lucas...what ever you're doing, please don't " I explained. "I'm doing nothing" he said. "But you're up to something, which means your doing something, and why are all bloody " I said.  

Lucas glanced over at me, but turned back. Just then I felt a sharp piercing on my left side, the increase was long, bending over while pressing my hand against my side the pain shot up. Feeling light headed, the pain increased a million times over.

I dropped to the ground in agony. "Zoey... Are you okay ?" Lucas asked concerned. My body physically fell to the ground, every thing went silent, hearing nothing but a ringing noise. Lucas hovered over me yelling, I closed my eyes listening.

Nothing but dead silence. My eyes shot open, seeing only Lucas in view I could tell he was now scared and worried. Suddenly I became unaware that my breathing was deep and short. Lucas's voice cut through the ringing noise.

"Zoey, please" I heard him. Swallowing, "Lucas" I barely choked out. He leaned closer to where he was nearly on top of me, "help me" I said in a frail voice. My insides felt like they were on fire, scorching hot fire, running through my veins.

Lucas tried helping me, I felt his hand begin to wrap around my waist as he began lifting me up. I felt the fire slowly graduating through my whole body, how could such pain increase over a million times more ? It never stopped.

Noticing that Lucas had brought me back to camp, he laid me down on the ground floor. Hearing and seeing the wind blowing gracefully through the forest treetops, the leaves on the trees gently swayed in the wind. Certain leaves gracefully danced as they fell off their branches.

Lucas on the other hand, was building a fire. After some time, I felt his ice cold hands against my arms, "Zoey... your freezing cold" Lucas said.

Suddenly there was an aura of grey around me. I felt a terrible weight on my shoulders. It was as if a giant boulder was laid on me, and I couldn't straighten up or catch my breath entirely. A single tear rolled down my cheek.

I should have been crying, but I was too numb to even think about crying. There was a giant hole in my heart and I knew nothing would ever be the same. My eyes were puffy from crying because I couldn't stop crying. I was dehydrated, and sore.

Tears raked my body, no one should be able to cry that hard. I hadn't even cried that hard ever since my mom left us. Suddenly I began slowly drifting off, barely hearing him talking. I felt as cold as ice, suddenly everything was so peaceful and so quiet nothing stirring with awe and amazement.