Stranger of the Mist

"Okay, I guess" I said unsure. I glanced at my mom, she looked so terrified. "Mom, I'm okay" I told her. She walked over to me and just hugged me. I felt her tears drop onto my hair. Was she that scared ? I lifted my hand up, it hurt.

I saw it was all wrapped up in gauze. "Well looks like I'll have a hole in my hand for now" I said trying to cheer up my mom. She did smile a little. By the next day I got to go home. I did have trouble trying to get dressed with one hand.

But I know I could manage. It was about November 14 now, meaning we had to get ready for thanksgiving. Mom agreed to stay until after thanksgiving. The air was getting colder at night, that mom began making sure there was no drafts in the house.

Dad began starting to make fires in the fireplace, it kept the house warm. I could tell dad was trying hard to keep her happy, so she didn't have to think about their divorce papers. I knew the papers had came in the mail. All they had to do was to sign it, then mail it back and it would be final.

Over the next fews days, my hand was throbbing in pain. I sat in my room at my window seat, once again staring out the window and thinking of Lucas. It was misty outside, fog was buidling up, since it was raining.

I opened my window to smell the rain. After taking in a deep breath of air, I saw something standing next to a tree. Was it Lucas, but it wasn't it was a deer. Ugh why me, why couldn't these feeling just go away ? Lucas was on my mind every moment.

I needed to think, get out of the house. So I decided to go for a walk through our trees. Once I got outside, it was a little more quiet. At least I didn't have to hear the boys fighting. I walked up to a tree and just leaned against it and stood there for a minute.

Pushing myself up I resumed walking. Getting half way into the trees, only a few birds were chirpping, but then stopped. I've never heard silence so loud. I was a bit concerned but just ignored it, the leaves under my boots crunched as I walked over them.

The wind picked up from the west, and about blew my hair everywhere. I stopped to pull it into a ponytail. I resumed walking, I think I nearly walked for an hour, I then came upon little creek. I sat down on a broken tree that was nearly on the ground, since last winter it broke a fell. 

I was feeling down.

And still thinking of Lucas. 

I sighed. "You look sad" a voice said. I looked up, there stood a tall slim man, all dressed in dark clothing. "I'm fine" I said. He walked up to me but stopped. I stared up at him, his eyes were brown and just a little of his dark brown hair was shown from under his black hat.

"You shouldn't be alone in the woods" he told me. "Why is that ?" I asked. "There are...many things out here, watching and waiting to attack" he said in a very creepy way. I felt tingly chills going down my spine, just the way he talked sent chills.