Divorce

Just then I saw dad he was walking in from the kitchen. Just then mom came up stairs crying. "Mom ?" I asked. She past us not saying a word. Her door slammed shut. "What do you think happened ?" Megan asked. Megan then went back into her room.

"Mom ?" I knocked her her door. I heard her softly say come in. I went in and closed the door. She was laying on the bed. I sat down next to her. "Mom, are you okay ?" I asked worried. She sat up, her cheeks were all red from crying, her mascara was smudged, "I'm okay sweety" she said.

"Mom, no your not, what happened ?" I asked. "Your dad and I are...getting a divorce" she said. "What ? why ?" I asked shocked. "You wouldn't understand hun" she said. I wanted to cry now. "But..." I said.

Later on, both mom and dad called all of us into the living room and they told the others, the boys started getting mad, Megan was shouting with Mom, I sat listening to all of this.

"Now, guys, listen... this might be a good thing for us, but we need to know who is going which parent" dad said. What ? I thought. Everyone was quite, "You have time to think it over really" Mom said. The boys talked with each other.

"We've decided" Charlie said. "Megan,Zoey are you two going to decide ?" Jimmy asked us. "Well I know whom I'm going with" Megan said. "Zoey ?" Dad asked. They all stared at me. My eyes darted back at each one staring and waiting for my answer.

I wanted to run away.

"I...I'm not sure" I could only say. "Well boys what's your descion ?" Dad asked. They whipsered to each other again, "We choose.... Mom" Charlie said. "All of you ?" Dad asked them. Jimmy and Terrance said yes.

"Megan ? what's your's ?" Dad asked her. "I decided to go with mom" Megan said. I could see dad was worried and scared about their descion. How could they do this to him ? I wanted to kill them.

They were choosing mom over dad.

Dad glared at me even more worred. "Zoey ?" he asked. His voice sounded worried but tried to hide it. Again they all stared at me, I was nervous about this. "Well Zoey, who do you choose ?" Terrance asked me.

I didn't want this to happen, I felt more nervous then ever that I ran out of the room. They were pressuring me. I ran outside, I kept running. I didn't even look back. I came to the forest behind our house.

I stopped running. Tears ran down my cheeks. I wished this never happened. I dropped to my knees and cried more. Later on, I was leaning against a tree all cuddled up into a tight ball.

It was cold, I didn't have a sweater on, the wind was blowing hard. I then heard a voice. "Hey what's wrong ?" I turned around but saw no one. Then Lucas showed up. "Oh you" I said. "Were you crying ?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah, I was crying " I said standing up. Lucas stood a few feet away. "Why ?" he asked. "My parents are getting a divorce" I told him. "Oh, sorry" he said. "I can't handle this Lucas... " I told him. "Hey, why don't you come with me to a party" he said.