Chapt 9: Toby Tics

Some thing happened after you got back from Leo's cabin. Toby started to tic. What I mean by tic, is that he began to twitch and crack like crazy! And he wasn't able to stop.

You sat on your bed, with your knees to your chest, and watched him. He was not having a good time. He was bending his body in odd ways, causing his bones to crack every few seconds. Also, he was having a cussing fit.

His back was facing you. So he had no idea you were watching him while he ticked and cursed. You had no idea what to do. Should you see if he's okay? Or should you just leave him alone because this might be a normal thing?

You discided to see if he was okay, he was having a cussing fit. I don't think someone was okay if they were swearing.

Making up your mind, you slowly got off the bed and tip toed over to Toby. You gently put your hand on his shoulder.

"Toby...are you okay?" You asked.

"D-Does it l-look l-l-like ~crack~ I'm okay?!" He snapped.

You were hurt by his words. He's never gotten mad at you before. Even though his words did hurt you, you weren't mad. You knew that this was something he hated and he had a right to be upset. Soooo, being the caring friend you were, you discided to comfort him.

Slowly, you crawled on to his bed and sat right next to him. Toby was about to protest and tell you to leave him alone, but he didn't when you suddenly brought him into a hug.

You could feel Toby tense up, but after a few seconds he calmed down. Toby was completely taken back by your actions, this had never happened before.

When he was going through one of these when was little, people would always make fun of him and laugh. Only his sister and his mother would comfort him. But since he was mostly at school, no one would comfort him. Once he started home schooling, he thought it would be different, but his good for nothing father didn't let that happen. Let's just say, Toby wasn't used to being comforted by someone that wasn't his mom or sister.

"(Y-Y/n)...wh-what are ~crack~ you d-d-doing?" He asked nervously.

"Isn't it obvious Toby?" You laughed, "you're clearly not happy and you need some one to comfort you."

Toby didn't say anything after that, he just sat there and let you hug him. Of course, there were times where Toby's body would jerk into a weird position and you would have to move a little bit, but other then that, you two were completely still.

The longer you sat there, the more Toby's heartbeat began to quicken and pink began to grow to his cheeks. He was so thankful you couldn't see the pink because of his goggles and mask.

Toby had no idea what was happening, was he...falling for you. Well, to him, who wouldn't! You were funny, had an amazing personality, beautiful, and most of all, you didn't mind the twitching and cracking.

After he relized that, Toby immediately fell for you. He looked at you and began to admire your enchanting (e/n) eyes, and your soft (h/l) (h/c) hair, and your flawless skin.

You relized that Toby was starring at you, so you gave him a smile. He immediately looked away.

Toby's twitching and cracking soon stopped after a while. When it did, you let go of him. Toby didn't like that.

It was getting late, and you really should be getting to bed. You jumped of Toby's bed and began to make your way to your bed, but Toby stopped you by grabbing your wrist.

"T-Toby-"

"Stay" he interpreted.

You turned around to face him.

"Toby, I'm on the other side of room" you said, "it's not like I'm going anywhere."

Toby kept his head down, he was blushing like crazy. He wanted you to stay with him in HIS bed, he just loved being in your arms. The thing was, he didn't know how to tell you. Toby sure had fallen hard for you.

"I...never mind" he said before lying down and facing away from you.

You shrugged your shoulders and hopped into your bed, completely unsure of what was happening. Poor you, you had no idea Toby liked you.

~time skip~

You woke up to the sound of your bed creaking. When your eyes adjusted to light, you turned your head to see Toby sitting next to you.

You screamed and ended up rolling off the bed. He surprised you! Toby looked over the side of the bed to see you sprawled across the floor.

"Morning (y/n)!" He said happily.

You sat up and rubbed your head.

"Morning Toby" you said in a not so happy voice.

That's when you heard a knock on the door. Toby jumped out of your bed and ran over to his nightstand where his goggles and mask sat. He grabbed them and quickly put them on before running over to the door. When he opened the door, he found Splendorman waiting for him.

"Good morning you two!" He chirped.

"Um...hi" Toby greeted with confusion in his voice, "what are you doing here?"

"Oh! I'm here to tell you that tonight our campers will be fighting against each other to see how they are progressing!" Splendy said happily.

Toby turned around to look at you. You could tell that he had no idea what was going on. You shrugged your shoulders.

"I wasn't told about this" Toby said, turning back around to face Splendy.

"Oh of course you hadn't!" Splendy said, "nobody knows when one of these will happen, it's so you will constantly train!"

"Um...alright, we'll be there" Toby said.

"Great!"

And with that Splendy skipped off, but before Toby closed the door, Splendy stopped.

"Wait!" He said, "just one last thing you need to know, campers are allowed to kill each other so I hope you have been training hard these last couple of days!"