Chapter 28: Um...My Face...

You had just got back to camp, and since all the campers were dead, it was very quiet. Some pastas were pretty upset that they're partners were gone, others could care less.

Toby still had no idea that half his lip and cheek were gone and you still had no idea how to tell him.

You and Toby were currently walking back to your cabin. You walked quietly, but every once in awhile, Toby would look at you and give you a sweet smile. You would always smile back.

~

"I'm am now off to take a shower!" Toby exclaimed, quite happily.

You giggled at his goofiness. "Okay Toby."

You had gotten back to the cabin and Toby seemed much happier. You were glad. Everyone on the bus seemed super sad. After what happened to the camp and that a lot of people had died, everyone was just unhappy. But not Toby. You got a feeling he was just trying to keep you smiling, after what had happened to your brother. It still hurt, but Toby always found a way to make your heart flutter.

You were laying on your bed, recaping everything that had just recently happened. A few tears ran down your when every you thought of Leo, but knowing that he went down fighting trying to protect the people he learned to care for made you a bit happier.

A thought suddenly occurred in your head. Toby was in the bathroom. There was a mirror in the bathroom. Half of Toby's face was gone and he didn't know.

At that thought, you jumped from your bed and ran straight across the room to the closed bathroom door. Before you could knock, Toby opened the door and stepped out.

Toby had shocked look on his face .

"Toby...?" You asked.

"My face..." he said, emotionless. "Look at it..."

Your heart broke and you brought him into a massive hug. Toby immediately hugged back as tight as he could.

"I'm so sorry." You whispered to him kissing his cheek.

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" He asked. "...Why didn't you tell me?"

Your heart broke even more.

"I'm sorry Toby. I just didn't know how to tell you, it never seemed like the right time. I was going to tell you, I really was! I never meant for you to find out on your own. I'm so sorry!"

You burried your face in his chest, trying your best not to cry.

He's going to yell at me. I know he is. You said in your head. He's going to yell at me then break up with me! I should've told him. I should have told him the minute I saw his face in his cell.

After thinking about the thought of Toby leaving you caused you to start crying.

Toby tensed up in surprise and started rubbing your back. "Shhhhh. It's okay. I forgive you."

Your heart skipped a beat and you looked up at him with puffy and wide eyes. "...you...what?"

"I forgive you!" Toby smiled. "Honestly, if I were you and you were me, I probably would have done the same thing. I wouldn't know what to say."

You sighed in relief. "Oh god Toby! I thought you were going to leave me!"

Toby gasped and grabbed your cheeks, squishing them. "Leave you?! Now why would I leave?!"

Toby gave your squished lips are kiss.

You grumbled. "Let go of my face."

Your words came out very unclear since Toby was squishing your cheeks.

"What was that, I didn't quiet catch what you said?" Toby asked messing with you.

Annoyed, you grumbled louder.

Toby laughed. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

Before Toby let go of your face, he leaned in close so your noses were touching and said "you look like a fish. A cute fish."

He then let go of you face and flopped on to his bed. His arms were rested behind his head, his eyes were closed, and he had a peaceful look on his face. It made you happy to see Toby like this

Toby suddenly said, in happy voice. "I'm gonna find the guys who did this to my face. And then I'm gonna kill them."