Chapter 24: The Culprit

When is some one coming?!

A long time had passed since Toby had left you in the safe hole in your cabin. He said some one would come and get me when the fight was over, but no one had come.

It seemed like the fight was over. You couldn't hear screaming anymore.

*Creak*

Your head shot up towards the sound. Did someone just open the door? You got to your feet and stood as close as you could to the wall.

You listened as foot steps got closer and closer to the hole you were hiding in until they came to a sudden stop.

"Hey (y/n)..." you suddenly heard a voice above you. "You down there?"

You looked up to see what looked to be Adam Knight.

"Adam?" You asked. "Is that you?"

"Who else would it be, idiot?" Rude as ever.

You sighed in relief and came out of the shadows. "Finally! Someone's come to get me! Is the fight over?"

Adam seemed a bit nervous and hesitated before he said. "It's over. It's just...well...you might as come take a look for yourself."

Adam held out his hand to you and you grabbed it. He lifted you out of the hole and you guys left the cabin.

You and Adam walked through the camp. It was awfully...quiet.

"Hey, Adam?" You asked. "Where is everyone?"

Adam sighed. "That's what I've been asking."

"(Y/NNNNN)!!!!!" You looked to see Noel running towards you. Your brother, Luke, and a girl you've never seen before follower her.

Noel stopped in front of you and sighed in relief. "Thank goodness you found her, Adam!"

Adam shrugged.

Leo ran up to you and hugged you. "We thought you were dead!"

Slightly confused, you hugged him. "Why would you think I was dead?"

Luke stepped up. "We checked every cabin! Everyone! They're all dead!"

Your eyes widened. "Dead?"

Noel nodded. "Yeah. All the campers. We found all of them dead in their cabins."

"They didn't go in the underground safety holes?!" You asked.

"Apparently not" Adam said. "The white masked men found them and killed them."

"Where are the pastas?!" You asked, scared. "Where's Toby!?"

Adam said. "We can't find them."

"They were captured!" Noel said. "Me and Masky saw them capture The Rake! I bet they captured the others!"

"This is awful." You said, letting go of Leo. "How did they find us?"

Luke shrugged. "Beats me."

Every else said they didn't know, except for...the unknown girl. She just stood there, shaking. Obviously nervous... kinda suspicious.

You went up to her. "Do you know what happened?"

Everyone's eyes were now on the girl. She started to shake even more and her breaths became uneven.

"You know something. Don't you?" You said.

The girl let out a sob before screaming. "IT WAS ME!"

Everyone was taken back by the girl's sudden outburst.

"IT WAS ALL ME! I CALLED THE MEN! THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO SAVE US! I DIDN'T MEAN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!" The girl was now sobbing. "PLEASE! DON'T HURT ME!"

Everyone was surprised and didn't speak for a few seconds. Adam suddenly got angry and pulled out his knife.

"You did this." He growled at the girl.

The girl suddenly looked terrified.

"Woah. Adam. Calm down for a sec." You said.

"She killed everyone!" He argued, pointing his knife at the girl. "She has to die!"

"No, she doesn't." You looked at the girl, her head was looking down in shame, causing her long black hair to fall in front of her face. "Besides, she could be...useful."

"Why did you do this?" Noel asked.

The girl took a shaky breath. "I...I was scared. My partner was Eyeless Jack and I couldn't stand it. I would constantly sit as far away from him as I could, cowering in fear! He never even said a word to me! He would just...watch me. A couple days ago, I saw Eyeless Jack eating some sort of human body part! After that, I snapped. I got in touch with those men and asked them to come save me and rest of the campers, and they said yes... but I guess they lied."

You listened closely to the girl's story, a few questions popping up in your head.

"How did you get a hold of those men?" You asked.

"My father works for a secret organization that specializes in capturing the weird and unexplained creatures." The explained. "I never liked how he treated some of the creatures, guess that's how I ended up here. But anyways! I had a special watch that lets me contact him and come find me when I need him too."

"Do you still have the watch?" Luke asked.

The girl shook her head. "I smashed after all this happened."

You thought long and hard on all the things the girl said. If she's seen where her father keeps these creatures, then she must know where they're keeping the pastas.

"Do you know where they're keeping the pastas?" You asked, the girl nodded. "Can you take us there?"

The girl gasped. "You don't want to go there! And how would we even get there?! And the place is heavily guarded, you'd be killed!"

"I have a way we can get there." Adam said. "Follow me."

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't in a while, I've had some writers block.