Chapt 26: No! Leo!

You ran to Toby's side, Leo stood at the door.

Toby's clothes were now practically in shreds and he had cuts all over his body.

"He must have fought back." You said out loud

Toby's head was down and his hair was in his face. His body was limp and he was breathing slowly. He was asleep.

You shook his shoulder. "Toby? Toby wake up."

You spoke gently and continued to shake his shoulder, he wasn't waking up.

You sighed.

You raised your hands up and placed them on Toby's cheeks. You raised his head and what you saw nearly made you scream.

You let out what could have been a gasp or a cry. Half of Toby's lips was gone! There were no lips on the right side of Toby's lips, all you could see was his teeth and a scar from where his lips used to be. You looked a little bit closer, it wasn't just half his lip that was missing, it was a little bit of his cheek as well. 

"TOBY!" You screamed this time.

Toby let out a small groaned and opened his eyes. He blinked a few times and made eye contact with you.

"(Y/n)..." Toby said softly and smiled.

"Toby..." you slowly said. "What happened?"

"Um...I was kidnapped."

He can't feel it. You said in your head. I don't think he even knows half his cheek is practically gone."

"I'll tell you later, first let's get you out."

You couldn't tell Toby yet. You didn't know how he would react. You needed him calm for now. You'll tell him later.

You got Toby out of the chains and when you stood up he immediately hugged you. You happily hugged back.

"Thank you, (y/n). For saving me" Toby said, nuzzling his nose in your hair. "I love you."

You heart fluttered. "I love-"

You heard the sound of something being shocked by electricity.

"LEO!!!!" Toby screamed, letting go of you and running to the door.

You spun around to see Leo on the floor, one of the white masked man standing over him with an electric staff.

No...

Toby ran at the man and kicked him in the side before he could do anything. The man staggered back and swung the electric staff at Toby, he dodged and it didn't hit him.

No...

The man swung at Toby again, but Toby spun around the man and kicked him in the back. The man fell to the ground, Toby quickly grabbed the staff then electrocuted the man in the back.

The man was dead.

No...

You were having a hard time processing what just happened, you just stood there. Toby dropped to his knees in front of Leo and shook him while shouting his name.

You found yourself slowly stepping towards Leo's body and dropping to your knees in front of him.

"...L-Leo...?" You choked out, gently shaking his arm.

You soon found yourself crying, screaming his name, and shaking him hard, but he wouldn't wake up.

"LEO! WAKE UP!"

Toby looked at you, worry was in his eyes. He got up, walked around Leo, and sat beside you, wrapping his arms around you.

"(Y/n). Stop." He said softly.

"Toby! He's not waking up!"

"(Y/n). Listen-"

"Toby! Help me wake him up!"

"(Y/n)-"

"Toby!"

"(Y/n), he's dead!"

You stopped and sat there shocked. "...W-What?"

Toby hugged you tight. "I'm so sorry."

They sound of running feet could be heard down the hallway. The white masked men were coming.

"(Y/n)! Come on! We need to go!"

Toby grabbed your hand and pulled you to your feet. He tried to drag you away, but you stopped him.

"(Y/n)? What are you-"

"We can't leave him here!" You screamed. "We can't, Toby! We can't!"

Toby hesitated, but nodded his head. He let go of your hand and scooped Leo's body in his arms.

~

It was hard for you run, but you did it anyway.

Leo was dead. He was electrocuted and died. Your little brother was dead.

Tears still ran down your face.

You couldn't help, but think, you could have avoided all of this.