Chapter 13: Jealousy

"...um...Hi" you greeted, trying not to socialize.

The boy closed his eyes, smiled, then tilted his head. "Can you tell me your name?"

Who does this guy think he is?! Said the negative conscience in your head.

He's only trying to be nice! Said the positive conscience in your head.

Negative voice: he's probably some weirdo! Don't talk to him!

Positive voice: no (y/n)! Tell him your name! Who's knows, he could be really nice and be your newest friend!

Negative voice: no! You can't trust anyone in this camp! Don't tell him your name!

Positive voice: tell him your name.

Negative voice: NO!!!

Positive voice: yes.

You were a little confused on why you were arguing with your self. It's as if you were Haru Nanase from Free 50% off. You discided to listen to the positive voice.

"Hi! I'm (y/n)!"

The negative voice started yelling.

"That's an awesome name!" Luke awed.

You nervously laughed. "Thanks!"

"You seem really cool" Luke complimented you. "Do you maybe want to hang out some time?"

Your heart skipped a beat, was this guy asking you out? You laughed on the inside, he couldn't be asking you out, he may just want to be friends. Besides, you liked To-

"HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Speaking of Toby, he had noticed that a boy was talking to you. A really good looking boy. Taking immediate action, because he liked you, he ran over to you and slung his arm over your shoulder.

"Toby!" You said happily, laughing at his silliness.

Luke did not look amused as you and Toby laughed together.

When you and Toby were done laughing, Luke asked "Who's this guy?"

Luke's tone did not sound happy anymore. You know the way some one talks when ever they're talking to their crush and their friend suddenly comes over and ruins the moment? That's exactly what Luke sounded like.

"Oh! Luke, this is my partner, Ticci Toby!" You explained. "Toby, this is Luke!"

Luke put his hand out for Toby to shake and gave him a fake smile. "It's nice to meet you Toby."

Toby looked down at his hand and then back up at Luke. "Please...call me Ticci Toby."

Luke looked like he was trying so hard not to punch Toby in the face. "Of course."

Luke looked back at you. "So (y/n)! About me and you hanging out?"

You thought about it for a second. The mean voice inside your head was telling you to not do it, while the nice one said to do it. You discided to agree with the nice one.

"Okay Luke!" You agreed.

"Yes!" Luke yelled in victory.

You could feel Toby's shoulders slump and you immediately felt bad.

"Can Toby hang out with us too?" You asked Luke.

Luke gave you a 'what?' look. "Huh?"

"Can Toby hang out with us?" You repeated.

Luke put his hands behind his back and balled them in a fist. "Sure!"

"Thank you!" You thanked.

You handed Toby his food before grabbing his other hand and running towards a picnic table, a long with your food in your hand.

~

At fist, Toby was doing a awesome job on keeping your attention on him, but that soon stopped. Luke had brought up he was an orphan on the run and that was one of the main reasons he was here. Toby felt a little bad for the guy, but that was until you started to put your attention of Luke. That did not make Toby happy.

The day went on and you talked more and more with Luke, completely ignoring Toby. In fact, Toby thought you were getting closer to Luke and soon he would know more about you than he did. Toby did not want this to happen, but he did want you to make friends.

As Toby sat next to you on the picnic table, half listening to you, he relized you were telling a story he had never heard before. He put all his attention on you, you weren't even telling the story to him, you were telling it to Luke.

Toby's heart began to ache. I guess you could say Toby was jealous. He was jealous of how much you were talking to Luke and how close the two of you were getting. You were also telling things that you had never told Toby before!

Toby did not want to loose to a boy like this. Toby was definitely going to ask you out before this guy could. The thing is...he didn't know how.

A rain drop suddenly landed on your nose. Rubbing your nose, you curiously looked up at the sky. The clouds were grey and the sun was gone. Before you knew it, it started to pour down rain.

Slendy told everyone to head back to there cabins. Splendy didn't want this though, he wanted everyone to continue having fun, but once Slendy made up his mind, no one could change it.

You and Luke said your goodbyes and once he was out of sight, Toby silently let out a sigh of relief. The guy was gone, thank goodness.

As you and Toby walked down the dirt path through the forest, everything was quiet. This made Toby sad. You hadn't talked to him almost all day and now that Luke was gone you still wouldn't talk to Toby.

Toby looked at you in the corner of his eye. You had a small smile on your face and your wet hair stuck to your forehead. Toby relized you were completely soaked, as was he.

An idea soon popped into his head. He knew just how to ask you out.