Chapter 4/Why am I dressed like Kate Beckinsale?

A/N Note to the video above Moda Makeup printer the kind mentioned in the bottom of the chapter - in case you think we are just making this stuff up from our imaginations or anything? Check out the Mink makeup colour printer for any arbitrary makeup colour. The robots turn this into a mode of oppression.

Image MYO arm band - it can pick up signals going to your fingers and send them to a computer faster than the signals actually get to your finger tips. Imagine this round your neck.

********

Nurse 911/3 came over.

"That was Araneae. You shouldn't judge her by her mean, cruel, ruthless exterior; underneath all that it's she's quite the cold, calculating, brutal slaughter house kind of a gal." she promised me while taking my pulse.

"Thanks, I feel that's so reassuring," I said. "How do you put up with all that abuse?"

"They are mostly stock statements. Please sign here to acknowledge you've been informed of the factory rules and your rights." she said, holding out a clipboard.

"No, I won't," I said, "you haven't told me my rights."

"Sort version. You don't have any. Now get up and get dressed 5642" she said forging my signature.

"Where?" I asked looking around but didn't see any clothes. 

"Slaves! Stand in that machine over there. Simple enough for you? I'll schedule someone to show you the way to your dormitory. Before I was captured I was the top heart surgeon at Boston Massachusetts. Now I have to walk around as a nurse dressed like this! " the Nurse said sharply.

I didn't move I decided to stand up for myself.

The nurse picked up a remote control. One of those industrial robot arms you see in factories came down; it was hanging from a track in the ceiling. Before I knew it it had grabbed my arms. With a clanking sound, it pulled me towards a wardrobe-sized machine in the corner. It opened the doors and I saw a human outline inside, like a forensic body mark standing there.

"Welcome 5642 Enter the machine facing outwards. Place your hands and feet on the points marked. Say ready when you are in position," my collar instructed.

"Now get in," the nurse said.

"OK. OK. OK. I'll do it," I said getting the message. I continued getting in the box.

Inside there was a slope with foot marks. I felt like I was going to slip down but steadied myself with my hands.

"Ready," I said.

"Close your eyes," said the machine. The doors shut themselves around me. This freaked me out.

"The Dressomatic 2000 is one of the fastest slave dressing machines in its class", the mechanical wardrobe told me needlessly. My hands and feet seemed to be grabbed by something.

"Cleansing in progress," the wardrobe told me.

I felt lots of tiny pads running over my body. I was being washed all over. My hair was being put in a bag and I could feel water running over it.

"Cleansing complete. Hold still scanning, don't breathe" through the slits in my eyes I saw a bright laser light scanning me. I held my breath and something grabbed my head. It felt like something was vacuum forming around me. Then more hands grabbed my ears and I felt cold then pain. I let out a cry of pain at my ears being pierced. Yes, I didn't have pierced ears, so sue me. I opened my mouth to shout stop but as it did I something got pushed in and started to clamp its self over my teeth scrubbing. I felt my feet being crushed in some kind of vice. The bag on my hair came off and I could feel my hair being kind of simultaneously combed. After this I promised I would never go to a cheap car wash again.