Chapter 54/Him/The Omega interdiction

A/N. - Welcome to 60,000 reads the celebration. It doesn't seem like a  month since we are celebrating having 100 extra reads in a week. That's Wattpad for you. Naturally we just make this stuff up you do the voting/reading/commenting. So this spectacle is your achievement.

Photo: Cool building photos check out http://www.bouncecolor.com/2014/09/the-final-frontier-futuristic-look-at-futuristic-fashion.html we liked the cool buildings.  The models look like Androids to me ( the lack of eyebrows is a dead giveaway)plus gets our vote for strangest use of Google Glass. 

Video: Robert Miles on AI safety ( he's one the Mathematicians Jenny refers to at the beginning of the book ).  Anyone else freaked by the fact he's called Robot I mean Robert? 

****

Kayla and Joe took me to wait for technical support. Normally your collar just forced you to go when it detected a medical abnormality, and there wasn't any waiting. We all sat together in the corridor doing nothing.

"Pity we can't go to the harem technical support. It's really fast they get machines sorted out very quickly to" said Joe while we waited. I'm sure if I had just asked him Joe would tell me that technical support in the harem was just "OK". I wasn't well enough to wonder what technology courtesans needed technical support for. Then I guessed and thought it better not to think about it. There was a buzzing in my head and I didn't feel up to taking this further. After a while Joe's collar ordered him back to 'work' whatever that meant. I watched another one of their signature electric kisses.

"This is to let you know that last months slave of the month award 1969 failed the mandatory performance drugs and perfume tests. Remember random fragrance checks will be carried out on all slaves . The award for slave of the month now goes to 1666 pending aromatic checks. Please stand by for a live streaming of 1969 being forced into in the KCK machine for two weeks this evening at 9.2.<DING DONG>" said the house speaker system.

"That's a shame I thought Lance was a pretty good winner. It was just nice to see someone who wasn't an Adherent get it" said Kayla.

We waited.

"Do the adherent always get it?" I asked.

"Nearly, their brand of self help promotes extreme selflessness. Thinking of others always before thinking of yourself. Really helps when it comes to obedience time trials - which is what slave of the month ultimately comes down to. That means most of the early retirement positions are held by them which means of course they get more people wanting to become Adherents." Kayla explained glad of an excuse to speak.

"Early retirement?" I asked. Normally I just asked Siri but it wasn't hearing me at the moment.

"Early retirement? You really should try and get yourself on one of the new arrivals courses. You do five years of high-performance service. Then you will get retired early  to one of the human reservations. Think of it as time off for good behaviour" said Kayla.

"why would they do that?"

"Well in the presentation they said that they are trying to promote the retire from slavery at 40  thing. Except of course slaves don't believe it." I said. Machines had lied about the doughnuts why not about the reservation? You land on your new home to be and then get a stun bolt to the head.

"It does sound a bit too Cloud Atlas doesn't it?" I said.

"That's good everyone else says 'the Island'ish, guess your not a big Ewan McGregor fan? So they need some people to show that the whole deal is genuine. So they are rewarding the best slaves with early retirement. The only catch is you need to go back and do tours telling other slaves about how you well live." said Kayla. Even if it was a trick they would still have to be good to the early slaves who made the case.