Chapter 80/Resistance/Loop Guru

A/N Hi - last Thursday was our biggest new chapter day yet with the most new reads ever in one day (7902 if you must know ) so huge thanks to you. Bumper edition this week with 3 new chapters.

Video: one of RK's favourite long tail bands Loop Guru. Loop Guru is a cross-language pun with the French "loup garou" meaning "werewolf", you have been warned. 

While Cyborg's pet runs headlong to some serious endings (plus explanations) why not checked out Qinn Beeson' ( aka SgtOceanus ) New 'Novel A Girl On A Boat'.  It's set in the New Mechanical Order world and we can't wait to see how it develops. 

Abandoned Dinner east coast

Jenny's POV

"US Marines, I'm here to rescue you. Come with me if you want to live" the soldier said. 

I took stock for a moment. Araneae's smoking remains were pinned to the wall by a missile driven harpoon. Her leg's drooping. In the doorway as a large solider. He had long blond hair a thin blond beard a round face striding a thick neck and a dark body with broad shoulders and six-pack stomach so defined you could sand wood with it. He wore loose-fitting military camouflage pattern clothing which was currently open showing off is physique. The combat boots and heavy rifle suggested he was either with the resistance or the ultimate survivalist. Either was good with me, with that body he could be an Avon sales representative and I would have gone with him.

"Sorry I've always wanted to say that as my first line," said the soldier pointing his gun at Araneae.

"That's strange me too," I said.

He came overtook out a hunting knife big enough to gut a whale and cut my rope around my ankle.

"I have dee gun," said the man. My rescuer had a weirdly French sounding accent.

"Your right, you have the gun, I don't, so that must make you the rescue guy and me the helpless victim," I said lifting my hands up and getting up. The man waved his gun towards the door.

"Where are we going?" I said.

"I don't know I'm making this up as I go along," said the man.

"I think you should know this is my first rescue by an improv group," I said.

"Look my first job is to get you to safety, slave girl," said the Man.

"Well stop waving that thing around at me!" I said.

He looked at me confused.

"I mean the knife," I said.

He nodded and grabbed my hand in his firm muscular grip. For some reason, I picked up the makeup printer. I know it was stupid like he's going to rescue me and then take me to a party some were. I guess I didn't feel like I was leaving somewhere properly unless I had a handbag as luggage. He went out of the diner backward keeping his gun trained on Araneae who still looked like an enlargement of a pinned spider in a museum case. We ran through grass bush for 100 meters then dropped to the ground. My stiletto heels didn't work well in this soft ground. We lay there panting for a second and then he pulled me towards him and kissed me. Not having anything better to do I kissed him back.

"Welcome to freedom's first kiss," said the man as we parted lips.

"Dam there I was thinking I thought you liked me. Who are you?" I asked.

"Your savior," he said he pulling out an odd black cloth and waving it.

"Last time I looked I wasn't religious," I said.