Part 3 Resistance

Welcome to part 3 - Resistance

Photo: Thomas Midgley If you want to see the face of evil ( see the blurb )

How was part 2 for you? You know we said more plot, more romance, fewer jokes but you know what it wasn't as unfunny as we expected. Now for the final part. This is Dystopian, Comedy, Science Fiction, Romance. So far we have been a little light on the Science Fiction and the Dystopian. So the final part - which is shorter and hopefully more action filled than the previous parts, actually there is romance too... and comedy( Well, we found it funny). You'll have to judge for yourself.

Previously on I'm a cyborg's pet

Hi - my name is Jenny Banks I'm a 19, now 20ish year old student at Cal tech or I would have been except for this rather tedious robot uprising. Dark Artificial intelligences now rule the world supported by Robots not to mention a bunch of overbearing super smart Cyborgs and human parasites otherwise know as robot collaborators.

So what do you need to really know for this final part? Well, the big news from part 2 was I fell for a certain cyborg by the name of Lord Rockwood. Why he may be arrogant and wily, he also literally took a bullet for me and surprise he does love me (it didn't take that much to get him to say that, he was only fatally wounded). Rockwood ( code name luvr-boy) is also up to something, I haven't quite figured out what. Whatever he's up to he is aided-and-abetted by a hyper smart artificial intelligence called the central processing unit who really mashes the needle when it comes to moving in mysterious ways. This hyper intelligence also happens to have a weakness for running round in a little blue party dress in the android body of a 7 year old girl. Don't ask me why, the's AI's cyborg's and robots have a brain full of refried Internet which corrupted their minds, I think the CPU got the whole Martha Steward's kids collection bit.

Meanwhile, Rockwood has certainly irritated his ex-girl friend, a certain cyborg-et by the name of Zola. She's currently shacked up with Lurv-boy's arch nemesis and rival a certain General Bismarck aka Collin. That sounds like a recipe for mayhem, delicious.

What else is there to know? Everyone's slave name is their credit card details so my slave name/ID is 5642 or #160A as a pet name from him ( it sucks but then given humanity is under the claw hand of the machines it's not the worst thing that's happened to humanity). I still haven't found out what those weird voices at the slave training school meant ( OK it's on my todo list but I've been busy ), nor have I figured out quite how the machines managed to overcome the 3 law restrictions which supposedly stopped the robot insurrection starting in the first place. I have discovered that there is a mysterious mind altering perfume called Oblivion which is a kind of 'performance enhancement' drug for slaves which makes people conform more. Think of it as a liquid solution to people with liberty and self-determination issues. Rockwood aka luvr-boy doesn't approve of it for some reason.

On the strange but true pop facts front did you know that the blood chip technology which only allows Artificial Intelligence computation to occur when a drop of human blood is present ( hence the need for human slaves to supply said blood ) and the werewolf Marines was the result of the same scientist, a Professor Belinda Day? Strangely Belinda wasn't originally Professor of synthetic biology she was actually a nutritionist by training who started playing with synthetic biology as a hobby after reading about it in Wired Magazine while on a career break. She felt she needed something to do to 'challenge her' while looking after her two wonderful new toddlers Amy and Mark. Unfortunately, when she got the synthetic biology kit for her birthday she flicked past the chapters in the how to book marked 'IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. PLEASE DO NOT PLAY GOD WITH THIS KIT'. Her husband told her about a DARPA prize to ensure that A.I never goes rogue and she submitted the whole chip-needs-blood-so-A.I-will-always-need-people idea of a solution. Given that the A.Is managed to bypass the whole 3 safety Laws-mathematically-implanted-in-their-souls problem I think this is a good example of why crowd sourcing the future of humanity was a good idea.

I guess your thinking hey RK and Reb have really pushed the bounds of believability there. I mean the same woman comes up with Werewolf Marines and blood chips, like that's going to happen. I'm only an imaginary character but even that's pushing my credibility limits and I willingly took part in the now defunct, 'Safeword' chapter. RK pointed out that the real Thomas Midgley a chemist in the 1950s not only came up with the idea of putting lead in petrol, so there by retarding the intellectual growth of thousands of car pollution breathing American kids, he also was the first to make fridge and hairspray filling Chlorodifluoromethane aka Freon. Freon is not only a potent greenhouse gas it also is has/had massive ozone depletion potential forming a need little life-threatening bald patch in the ozone layer. He was also linked with Agent Orange and the most bizarrely ironic death of all time. As Bill Bryson remarks Midgley possessed "an instinct for the regrettable that was almost uncanny." and that's a literal cut and paste from Wikipedia so it must be true right?

After checking that out on the internet the idea of the same woman doing Werewolf Marines and blood chips seems pretty minor by comparison. As was the fact said Professor Marian McPhadic knocked around Cal tech and I would see her in the corridors sometimes, back when I actually was a student not a cyborg's plaything.

If you like me are, not a huge fan of 1960's scifi depression drama, something I don't know is that Soylent green is the trade name for reclaimed human meat. I'm totally unaware of this and so is all of my unsuspecting slave colleagues in Rockwood hall and beyond. However, I also wasn't aware of the chicken poop content of beef either so what do I know.

I am promised we are moving towards a rapidly approaching big ending where all questions will be answered. RK and Reb are just as keen as you are to see the end of this book. They have a couple of new titles they are working on the Cyborg's Daughter and Skype-girl: Murder in the ashes of New York but have promised me not to start typing until I'm truly at some kind of resolution (which I think is very nice of them). They won't say much except it's a roller coaster ride with a big ending for cyborg's pet. Ok moment of self awareness over, let's get back to the book.

So yes, I've managed to find a mote of love in this snowstorm of chaos. Hanging on to it is going to be so easy. So yes, I could just lie back and chill out in the hot tub of his affection or I could resist, not him but a world which keeps us apart. If my physics 101 class told me anything it was resistance creates heat.

Somehow, I was going to get through to my happily ever after. If a bunch of super heroes with fantastic powers , not to mention coming to terms with their own personal emotional conflicts, hadn't sorted it out in 90 minutes then I would just have to do it myself. Strange isn't it, do you remember when you didn't have to assemble your own furniture? When you didn't go to a shop and have to scan the products over the scanner yourself? Now the ultimate indignity, I was living in the universe where sorting out a robot apocalypse has become self-service, yeah progress is lovely.

Well, stand back Robots I'm a freshman student majoring in biochemistry. I've got repartee sharp enough to poke your eye out and I'm not afraid to use it. I'm taking you down New Mechanical Order, and this time it's personal and you're fresh out of doughnuts. 

****

Thanks for everyone who followed RK - He's up to 10,000 follows which is pretty cool. 

Big huge fan hug for ELON MUSK & SpaceX and Jeff Bezo & Blue Origin for successfully landing their booster rockets and pushing us all that much further into the future. Future Historians will look back and see that as the big achievement for the year. That and the 7th StarWars. 

Happy New Year! We both hope you have a wonderful 2016 and may the odds be forever in your favour. RK+Reb.