7-Backpack

(A/N Picture of the backpack)

The week goes by super fast, with talking to Mark during French class, and Mel at lunch. Katrina seems to be ignoring me though. But before I know it, it's Saturday. I just got back from my morning shift at a small diner, and I'm now at home rereading the Fault in Our Stars for the millionth time. On the first page of my math notebook, I've written down all of the quotes that made me happy. On the last page, all of the quotes that made me sad.

I meant it to mean that your never happy when good things have to end. (A/N Meant it to mean. I was about to edit that, but decided to just keep it.)

Everything good has to end.

A knock on my front door takes me out of my thoughts, and I look through the little peep hole. My heart skips a beat when I take in who it is. My stalker/friend/crush, Mark.

"What are you doing here?" I ask while untwisting the doorknob. Mark just smiled at me with a gleam in his eye. I stared into them with a look of curiosity.

There's this awkward silence when he's just staring at me. Staring into my eyes.

"Mark!" I say loudly, and he looks down.

"Sorry I, I just..." he starts

Now I understand this guys problem. He's stuck in the friend zone. I'm stuck there too. How do we get out of the friend zone.

"Yeah, I just wanted to give you something." and he pulls out a backpack. A beautiful backpack that looks very expensive. It had a floral print with tons of pockets. It was too big for any of my stuff.

"Mark" I looked up at him, happiness filling my eyes. If I was a normal person, I would've cried. I never cry. That's why on the day I left, I told myself to let me cry. Cry for Annabelle. Cry for all of the friends I left behind. Cry so they wouldn't think I was a heartless freak.

Then I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled it to me. I wanted to show him how much it meant. That I had a bag to fill my life, but life in the bag itself.

Does that make sense.

So anyways, he wrapped his arms around me, and whispered "Just friends?"

I shook my head. No way we're just friends. He chuckled.

"Good then. I can do this."

And he kissed me. Like kissed me. It was a short kiss, nothing really romantic, but it shocked me. It sent sparks through my body. Just friends? No way.

(A/N It doesn't say so in here, but after this happens he leaves.)