12-Summer

After a week of torturous school, summer started. I was going to get a few jobs everyday to make money. I had already looked at different diners and stores around the area. Now I was asking the fellow people at the apartment complex if they needed any help. I was writing everything down in my Math notebook when I here a knock at the door.

I slide off of the small cot and scurry to the front door. I know who it is, I only ever get one visitor.

"Hi Mark!" I say happily, opening the door. He looks at the open notebook on my bed and grabs it, reading out everything written on that page. Then he looks up at me sad and confused.

"You aren't going to work all summer!" he says, then throws my notebook back onto the bed. I look at him.

"Of course I have to work. How else am I going to get money?" I reply, and he lets out a low growl. It sends a shiver down my spine.

"Your spending the summer at the pack house." he says plainly. What. No. I'm staying here, in my house. Where I belong. I'm not living in the same house as my kinda boyfriend.

My kinda boyfriend...

"No. I'm staying here. And I am getting jobs." I say back, and he growls louder this time. I know I shouldn't upset the future Alpha because he's super protective over his mate. And I'm his mate.

"Okay" I say, grabbing his arm, and trying to calm him down. He looks down at me with dark eyes, and it reminds me of myself.

"Sorry." he says "So you'll come?" he asks. Is that not what I just said.

"Yes, I will." I say finally. I realized that there was no way to argue with him. And I didn't exactly want to work all summer and live in this tiny apartment.

"I love you so much." he says lightly, and kisses my forehead. I tense up and look him in the eyes. Not yet.

Not yet.

"I understand." he said slowly while stroking my arm.

I smiled. "We leave now." he finishes, and grabs my hand with his iron hard grip.