23-What It Feels Like To Feel

I jolt awake to find a man standing over me.

"Ah, your awake..." he says in a menacing voice. He pulls out a dagger and draws out an x on my stomach with my blood. I just stare at the deep wound, knowing it won't hurt me.

I still have no energy.

How would he kill me anyway.

He pulls out a bottle of clear liquid and pours it into the gashes. I scream bloody murder.

My mind was becoming fuzzy and I was slipping in and out of consciousness. I continue screaming and feel tears slipping out of my eyes. I knew that this was what real pain felt like.

I heard the man's laugh from above me. Then I'm out.

Suddenly I gasp for air and all the pain is gone.

Mark is standing next to me in wolf form and I reach down to my stomach. The pain's completely gone.

So that's what it's like to feel pain.

Now I realize why I never was fazed at the orphanage by the whippings and food shortages. I never felt it.

That small bottle of liquid is in my head, and I shudder. I guess there is a way I can die.

Why would all of these vampires and rogues come to kill me if I couldn't die.

I guess immortal isn't enough anymore is it?

I get up slowly and my head hurts. I'm still in the same place I fell asleep in, but the others aren't here fighting anymore.

They were probably just waiting.

I stroke Mark's back to let him know I'm awake. He turns around and looks into my eyes, nodding towards the house. I try to stand up again, leaning on Mark for support.

When I get inside I see Annabelle sitting on the couch, Dylan next to her on the hospital bed.

I thought they weren't dating.

She must be feeling the bond though, because she's close to tears. I never saw her like this at the orphanage. Probably because we both knew that if the ladies killed anyone, they would be arrested.

Even though it sounds odd, it's a bit illegal to murder innocent children.

I sit down next to her and feel sleepy, but ignore it. Annabelle looks at me and attempts to smile, but it looks too forced. I shake my head slowly and look over to Dylan.

"Are you two..."

She smiles softly and clears her throat "We're just friends for now. But like, best friends." she replies giggling. But then she seems to remember what's happening and her face falls.

We turn around when another person enters the room.

A pale skinned girl with blood on her hands, who I can only make out to be a vampire.