26- When

(A/N I have so many invisible readers. Please comment something so that I know I'm not just hallucinating.)

Mark being out there fighting scared me a little bit, to be honest. I knew that he was powerful, but I still felt awful not going to help him. This showed me just how hard it must be for Annabelle. Dylan was on the floor, unconcious. A nurse sat on his side. And Annabelle was sitting next to him, silent. 

"Annabelle-." I started, trying to console her. 

"No, I know he's alive." she snapped, angry. I was taken aback. When was the last time Annabelle was angry? Never.

And there was another thing that I noticed about Annabelle. Her eyes weren't filled with tears. Her eyes reflected my own. My own dark eyes that were void of emotion. She had taken after me, and she was in immense pain. 

Scarlet came in the room, looking from Belle to me. She was also in pain, having to watch her own life story repeat in front of her. Scarlet motioned for me to follow her outside, and I did, curiously. 

"The battle's practically over. The rogues are outnumbered. But the pack's starting to get curious why so many rogues came after you." she stated, trying to soften it. 

"It won't be soon until they figure it out." she simply finished, looking me in the eye. WHAAAATTT

"When did the vampires?" I ask her, confused on how she, as well as the rogues, knew what I was.

"It's a vampire thing." she replied, not willing to explain. But, the emotion on her face wasn't playful, it was almost angry. 

There was an awkward silence after that, and I just went back inside for Annabelle. She was over Dylan, watching as the nurse tended to him. When she looked up at me, it almost struck tears. But I remembered the promise I had made her at the hospital.

Flashback

"New recruit!" the worker yelled, throwing Annabelle inside the orphanage. I bit my lip, my eyes turning dark. She was covered in bruises, only a child. Blood seeping out of her hands, tears mixing with it. 

Then one week later.

"Excuse me Perri." I heard her squeaky voice call out as I eyed the bruises on her legs. I looked up at her eyes, mine finally gaining some color. "Yes?" I replied.

" I would prefer if you didn't pity me." she said in the same quiet voice. My eyes widened as I heard the words come out of her mouth. 

"I won't, I promise." I told her, smiling. She smiled as well. 

That was the first time I saw Annabelle smile.

End Of Flashback

Alone (Werewolf Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara