24-Scarlet

(Picture of the vampire above, but with red eyes)

A girl with pale skin and blood on her hands walks in, who I can only assume is a vampire...

I stand up in a ready position, waiting for her to attack.

She looks at Dylan with a sad expression, then to Annabelle.

"He's your mate" she whispers, walking over to his body. I stand in the way, but she just simply walks around me.

"He's alive" she says lightly, without a tinge of happiness, almost sadness. "Barely." she finishes.

Well of course she's scared he's alive. She's a vampire.

"Don't think that just because I'm a vampire I'm with them." she snaps, turning to me with her eyes a brighter red. I stand still and tall, my eyes turning darker by the second.

"I had a mate once..." she starts, looking at Dylan's face.

"Same thing happened to him. But he died. I knew I would be alone for the rest of my life. Not allowed in the coven for being around werewolves in my human days." she says slowly, seeming lost in the memory.

Annabelle looks over to me 'distrust' clearly written on her face.

"Should we trust you?" I ask, but the girl just smiles softly.

"No. But I can trust you." she says in her usual whisper, playing with her hair.

"Why's that?" I ask, a threat clear in my voice.

"Because you could've killed me right when I walked through the door." she said.

Then I realized something. Why didn't I kill her right when she walked through the door.

Because I can trust her.

"And why can't I trust you?" I asked again. She just looked at me and frowned. She didn't say anything or show any emotion other than confusion.

Then she smiled shyly "I guess you can" and I knew that I could.

Then she frowned again. "I'm Scarlet" she said.

"I'm Periwinkle" I say. Periwinkle was an uncommon name, but when I was little I read the names off of the crayons and my favorite color was Periwinkle. When asked when I was 6 what I wanted my official name to be, I said in my baby voice "Periwinkle."

So that's my superhero origin story.

Annabelle spoke up "I'm Annabelle."

Now we were all smiling like idiots, not even aware of the battle outside.

Then Scarlet turned to me "I'm 28 human years old, but I've been a vampire for 10 years."

I grinned "I'm 16 in human years but I've been a human for 16 years!"