13-Turn Right

~~~~~~

I grab my backpack and keys as I walk out the front door, following Mark. Then I get inside his car and it drives away.

"Mark." I say, just as I remember my days at the orphanage.

"Yeah?" he asks, and looks over to me to find my eyes fazed and glossed over. "What's wrong?"

He had his eyes back on the road. I hardly whispered "Turn right." And he did.

"Tell me, why did I just turn right?" he asked, and I giggled a little.

"I want to see my friend from the orphanage." I say in a small voice, knowing that no matter how quiet I am, he'll hear me. Cause he's a werewolf and all.

"You never told me anything about the orphanage." he whined, and my eyes darkened.

"Nothing. I took care of everyone younger than me, The woman tortured me, and I showed no fear of them. All good times!" I say the last part cheerily. I never let their torture get to me. I never felt the pain of their whip.

Mark lets out a growl, and grips the steering wheel extra hard. I put my head on his shoulder and looked out at the orphanage. The place holding all of my terrors. All of my childhood. My home. My prison.

~~~~~~

Mark talks with the man at the entrance, the same man that drove me home when I first came here. My eyes locked with his and it molded into pity when he recognized me.

"I need to see my friend." I say with my dark black eyes that always accompanied me when inside the orphanage. Mark seemed confused by my actions, but didn't mention anything. This was a part of me.

I followed the man to the entrance of the common room. I looked at the small doors which seemed so familiar, yet my memories were fuzzy and dazed. It seemed like a lifetime ago. Yet it was only about a month.

I open the door and can tell that all of the girls are freezing up behind it, scared that they'll be the next one whipped. I ran inside of the room and Annabelle runs up to me. Her cheek was bleeding and had scars on both of her shoulders. I didn't pity her though, we both agreed to not pity each other. But on the inside I wanted to seriously injure the woman who did this to her.

Annabelle looked at me and grinned wide. "You came!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around my waist.