25-Trust The Enemy

(A/N 600 words!!! I must love you!)

"Well if you can trust me, I might as well get back to the battle and help defend you" she casually while grinning.

Then I hear a creak of the floorboards and a distressed Mark walks in. I freeze and stare at a gash on his side, before coming to see his face. He is staring straight to Scarlet's face, ready to shift if she makes any movement.

"Mark" I say in a reassuring way. He looks at me briefly before he jumps at Scar, shifting in midair, and eyes set murder.

My eyes turn black and I trap him in one of my force fields. He struggles against the restraints, while Scarlet catches her breath.

"Derrek was my mate" she said casually. "When he died I tried to go back to my coven, but they called me a traitor."

Mark was still growling heavily. I was trying to keep up the force field, but was becoming weaker and weaker. When I guessed that he was calm enough, I lifted the shield and sat down on the couch. I didn't know if I would pass out, but my vision was becoming blurred.

Belle looked over at me and frowned "She used up too much energy."

Mark looked guilty when she said that. Did he really care about me that much?

Scarlet looked amused, trying not to laugh at Mark's mood swings. I looked over at them both, then grabbed Mark's hand, leading him into another room.

"My wolf is going crazy, it wants me to claim you." he whispered in my ear. I had no idea what that meant.

"Mark, It's okay." I said in a small voice, trying to get the words out. When I did though, they sounded forced. I noticed Mark's eyes change color as his wolf surfaced and I looked down, trying not to meet his gaze. What he did though, surprised me.

Mark grabbed me violently and pulled me towards him. I looked back up to see that the Mark I knew was completely gone. I gasped.

He growled "don't worry" he whispered in my ear, before long sharp teeth came out. I closed my eyes and tried to 'trust the process.'

I felt his breath on my neck and I opened my eyes, remembering that I couldn't feel pain. Mark stuck his teeth into my neck and I gasped at the weird feeling. Like pain but, hollow. As soon as his teeth left my neck he let go of me and looked me in the eye.

"Wasn't that bad!" I say enthusiastically. Mark chuckles and pulls out a contact mirror from his pocket. I don't even want to ask why it was in there. He put it on my scar and smiled.

I looked at the reflection of myself and then at him. "Explain." I ordered, while Mark stared at the scar.

"Wolves claim their mates, giving them marks the ward off unmated wolves." he explains matter-of-fact like, while I just listen in awe. What else hasn't he told me about this whole mate thing.

As we walk back into the room, both girls stare at my scar. Annabelle frowns while Scarlet is grinning slightly.

"How'd you get that scar?" Belle asks, scared. Scarlet just shakes her head.

"It's a mate thing." she says and claps Belle on the back. Belle just crinkles her nose in disgust. "I have a mate too! And he might die."

Scarlet's mouth forms a perfect O as she looks from Belle to Dylan.

"Well I'd better get back out there and fight!" Mark exclaims kissing my cheek. I felt sparks run through me that I had never felt before.

Then he walked out the door followed by Scarlet, leaving me and Annabelle alone again. I guess you could count Dylan but he was sleeping...