9-Blood

(Picture of the second wolf, except the eyes)

I feel a jabbing pain in my leg.

I let out a scream as blood runs down my leg, and try to turn around to see what happened. When I do my screams stop. A large wolf was staring at me. I try to limp away, but my leg was losing a lot of blood. So I just screamed. The wolf wasn't attacking anymore.

"MARK" I shout, but he's too far away to hear. I'm starting to feel dizzy because of all the blood streaming out of my open wound.

Suddenly another wolf jumps out of the bushes and gives a loud growl. I freeze. I'm about to die. I'm about to die.

The second wolf, with a light brown coat, looks down at my leg. It's probably thinking over ways to finish me off. Then it looks into my eyes.

Two deep blue orbs. I stared into them with fear, but could tell it was scared too. I saw fear, in one of the strongest animals in the world. I saw fear coming out of those eyes. It wasn't afraid of me though. He was afraid of the other wolf.

I took the time when the first wolf was in shock from seeing another to try to limp away, but I couldn't. My leg was completely numb now, but any movement I made just unleashed more pain. I looked back into those deep blue eyes. I held my gaze on them. So familiar. So familiar.

The wolf eventually turned away and started to fight the other wolf. I was getting weaker and weaker. I let my eyelids drop. Then I blacked out.

~~~~~~

I open my eyelids and see bright lights everywhere. Where am I? Why am I inside.

"Perri?" I hear Mark's voice ask. Mark! I open my eyes and brave the bright lights. Anything to see him there. Anything that would let me know that I wasn't dead and was 'seeing the light' or whatever

When our eyes meet, he grabs my hand. "Your alright" he says, mostly to himself.

Those eyes...

Suddenly I remember what happened before I blacked out and look down at my leg. It's heavily bandaged but is numb.

"Perri, what happened?" Mark asks, and I felt my happiness float away.

"A wolf attacked me. And then another came, but it didn't attack me." I recall, and take in his expression. He wasn't surprised.

He was, disappointed?

"Mark..." I say lightly, and was surprised he heard me.

"Yes?" he asked, scared of my question.

His eyes were just like the wolves...

"I could've just imagined part of it." I said. A small "oh" left his lips.

I leaned to the side and closed my eyes.