11- AWAITING THE DAY I BECOME QUEEN

He sits down at the 'loner table' where me and Mel always sit. But he's not a loner, he's got like, a million friends.

"I need you to tell me exactly what you saw on the day we went hiking." he states completely seriously. But I already told him everything.

I'll just elaborate.

"I was looking out at the scenery when I felt a pain in my leg and fell down. Then I turned around and saw a big scary wolf. It started growling at me and I started screaming your name..." I started. Why was he making me explain what happened. Why didn't he come when I screamed out his name. I was so stupid, he would've probably been hurt too.

"Continue" he waved me on. I didn't even notice I had stopped speaking.

"Then I saw another wolf come in. It had these bright blue eyes that..." I trailed off, looking into Mark's eyes. I understood now why they seemed so familiar. They looked exactly like Mark's. But it couldn't be possible.

Yes, it is. Mark cut his eyeballs off of his face and put them into a wolf's. Completely normal.

He seemed to look stunned, but then composed himself. "Next"

"They started to fight. Then I blacked out." I finished.

He held my shoulders. "Now I have to tell you what happened the day we went hiking." he started. Didn't I already know what happened? Why was he being so cryptic.

"You asked for some time alone. I was hesitant. We were in the forest, there was a lot of scary stuff in there. But I said it was okay. Then I heard your scream."

He heard it? Then why didn't he come?

"Perri?" he said slowly. I nodded. What was wrong. "I was that second wolf"

I fell off my chair. Literally, fell off my chair. I landed on the ground, but it didn't hurt. I was in shock.

The second wolf... Was Mark? But it was a wolf. Unless I live in the world of Twilight, which would actually be kind of cool.

But Mark? A werewolf? No. No. Not in a million years.

But his eyes...

Mark lifts me up and places me back on the chair.

"Explain." I say in a small voice. Knowing that if he really is a werewolf, he'll hear me. And he does.

"I can transform into a wolf." he said.

"And we have mates." he says. It makes me feel disappointed. Cause I kinda had a crush on him. Kinda. And we kinda kissed. Kinda.

"And your my mate." he finishes in a whisper. So is that why he stalked me since the day we met? Cause we were soulmates. And I friend zoned him.

"Oh, and I'm the future Alpha of the pack."he adds in. AWAITING THE DAY THAT I BECOME QUEEN.

All too fast. All too....

"Ohmygod." I say quickly. He picks me up and kisses me.

It was short. Too short. So I press our lips back together. I don't know why I trust him so much when he hid such a big part of his life from me. But I still kiss him. Then I pull away.

"You're so cool." I murmur. But he hears me.

"Yeah, I am." he replies, and I let out a small laugh.