8-Hike

That one kiss was all I got from Mark in the weeks to come. Hugs? All the time. But we mostly talked. I think he knew that I wanted to go slow. Just like I knew he wanted to go fast. But he gave in to me.

We could never see each other on weekends though, because there's not much time and I can't risk being late to my job.

Today was going to be different. It was a holiday. Memorial day. I was going hiking in the woods. I bought a new pair of sneakers to wear, and a map of the hiking trails. Mark is going to come with me. He is bringing all of the snacks. Cause I couldn't afford anything.

"Lets go?" he asks. Of course lets go. I don't even answer, but I jump out of his expensive car and sprint towards the trail.

"Hey!" he shouts "don't abandon me!! I got the snacks."

Oh no he's right. Abort mission!! Abort mission!! Save the guy with the food!! So I slow down and let him catch up to me. He's so slow. (A/N Duh, cause he doesn't want to use his super speedy wolfness!!!)

~~~~~~

after about 30 minutes of walking, we come to a small clearing. I sit down on the dead grass that covers the hills around this time of year, and Mark comes up beside me.

"Beautiful..." I mutter while he grins.

"Not as beautiful as you!" I laugh. "Worst pickup line ever."

"Is not"

"Baby" I roll my eyes. He was acting so childish.

"I'll be right back" I say, and wander into the dead trees, looking around. I wanted to be alone, for a bit. To just think. Think of all of my friends I left. Think of my family leaving me. that I did the same thing. I left them. I have nothing except for a boyfriend. I have no money. I saw people at my orphanage tortured and I myself was a subject of that torture.

"THAT'S NOT PROPER" The lady yells, and a pain surges through my face. I just stare at her with my cold blue eyes. "SHOW ME RESPECT YOUNG LADY" she yelled again, and I braced myself for the second blow.

I can feel myself falling to the ground. I'm too strong to cry, but I let myself anyways.

Then I feel a jabbing pain in my leg.