Read for Reads Part 2

It gets so irritating when you take the time out to read other people stories and no one wants to follow suit and read yours. It bugs me to no end. We are all on here because we want other people to read the things that we write. As people we seek validation from others, we crave that feedback to let us know how we are doing. Of course we do not actually need this, we could go on and continue our lives without needing someone to say, "good job" or "I really like that, keep it up", but it helps to hear those words. It helps us to continue on.

Not just on here but in our everyday lives as well. We looked to our parents, our teachers, and our friends, to know how we are doing. So why is it so hard to find what we all crave here on wattpad? Do not get me wrong, not everybody here on wattpad abuses the read 4 read system. I think it is unfair for those of us who actually take the time out to read other peoples stories, in hopes that our story will get  read in return, and it doesn't. Everyone of us want to see comments on our stories, to let us know that our story is worth it. Comments can come in many forms, both positive and negative, but to put a negative comment on someone's story and not say why you think that way is just wrong.

If you are going to say that you don't like something, explain why you don't like it. Do not just make snap judgments about a person's story, just from reading one chapter. You don't know what the story is about, how do you know it isn't original until you read all of it? Never ASSUME anything! ASSUMING JUST MAKES AN ASS OUT OF YOU AND ME. All that a person can find out from reading the first chapter/part is how the writer writes. For most stories only grammar and spelling can be critiqued from the first chapter.

The storyline/plot cannot always be distinguished from the first part.

Summaries only offer a certain amount of information about the story. You cannot ascertain what a story is about, by just reading the summary. It irritates me so much that people read only one part and think that they know what the story is about. It really grinds my gears that a lot of users on wattpad only care about getting reads on their story and not trying to help out others.

That is all I have to say for now.

Rant is Courtesy of DrakenTheKraken